YO GEORGIANS! :)

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by SeramaSweetie, Jan 13, 2009.

1. chickenrunner83

chickenrunner83 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 24, 2014
    Griffin
    I don't think you're suppose to lik 10 dollars. Those things are filthy.

2. sanchabird

sanchabird Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 7, 2014
    North Georgia
    Ok, thanks.

3. chickenrunner83

chickenrunner83 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 24, 2014
    Griffin
    Now I know how robo feels getting ignored. Better than being thrown in front of a bus though.

4. nuttinfancy

nuttinfancy Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 8, 2013
    Ambrose, GA
    I think everyone has headed out of doors to soak up that gorgeous sunshine!

5. mrsdszoo

mrsdszoo Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 19, 2012

There's a pretty good thread here on BYC called Growing Fodder - a quick search should bring it up. I'd link to it, but I'm in the kitchen baking and cleaning.

1 person likes this.
  6. mrsdszoo

Oct 19, 2012

Ok, ok: Aww, poor Chickenrunner. Feel better? Lol

7. sanchabird

sanchabird Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 7, 2014
    North Georgia
    [​IMG]
    Ok, I know I've been told by someone on here that these girls are Easter Eggers. I was told by the feed store that they were Araucanas. Looking at pictures, I think they are Ameraucanas. The girl in the front, Cinnamon lays green eggs, and has a tail. The girl in the back, Sugar lays pink eggs, and has a tail. Does anyone know what breed these sweet ladies are?

8. mrsdszoo

Oct 19, 2012
    They are Easter Eggers -a catch-all term for a type, rather than breed, of chicken that carries the blue-eff-laying gene and can lay greenish to bluish eggs. Ameraucanas were originally a mixed breed developed using the english import Araucanas (rumpless), but they have standardized now and are a try breed with few "officially accepted" colors. The large hatcheries still use all three breed names interchangeably, hence the confusion. An Easter Egger from a hatchery is likely a high- content Ameraucana mix. Ameraucanas also lay only blue eggs. Based on the fact that your girls are not an accepted color of Ameraucana (too dark to be wheaten) and that they lay green eggs, they are very pretty Easter Eggers. I'll look up my favorite article on the subject -give me a minute.

1 person likes this.
  9. abmaddox1981

abmaddox1981 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 1, 2013
    Griffin Georgia
    Those are Easter Eggers. Ameracuana chickens have slate legs. Also they only lay blue eggs. Araucana chickens are rumpless and only lay blue eggs.

1 person likes this.
  10. mrsdszoo

Oct 19, 2012
    1 person likes this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by