YO GEORGIANS! :)

Should I be able to hear the incubator with my goose eggs in it from another room? It almost sounds like the turner motor is running but the rails or stuck or something. This is the first time I've heard a bator and I'm home alone.
ep.gif
Those little motors go bad in the turners. I had to replace one after only 3 days of use. Luckily it was warranted.

I would imagine most of y'alls feed bill is huge. I wish I could grow my own feed, then I could have an unlimited number of chickens. Hmmm :rolleyes:  :confused:  Has anyone attempted that yet?

I free range so they don't need as much commercial feed. I also grow fodder (wheat and flax sprouts) for them and the rabbits. I usually spend $30-$45 every 10 days.

Robo,,, take a deep breath, go to feed store, get a new turner. Do you have receipt? Take it with ya. But stay calm. You can do this. GAM will be so proud of you. Just stay calm and get going, the clock is ticking...........oh and stay calm :)

I free range so they don't need as much commercial feed. I also grow fodder (wheat and flax sprouts) for them and the rabbits. I usually spend $30-$45 every 10 day
I free range too, but I only have 4 girls. I spend about 17 dollars every 3 weeks on a 30 lb bag, so not a lot. This may be a stupid question, but how do you grow fodder? Where do you buy wheat? Do you grow it outside or inside? Does it require a plant light if grown inside? Sorry for all the questions.
hugs.gif

Go to YouTube they have lots of videos on growing fodder, it's simple. I get wheat from the grain mill down the road. I get a huge bag for lik ten bucks, will last til mid to late summer? Fodder is like growing a chia pet but in trays with a little water pump that waters it on a timer. I have six stacked on a simple PVC shelving thing I made. Takes six days to grow to what I need, kind of likebean sprouts, so when I start, make one pan a day, then in six days the one on the top is ready, feed it to your peeps and rotate the Reston the shelves up and put the empty on the bottom and fill with seed. Water drips on the top pan only then drips down and ends up in a container underneath were the pump recycles it.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom