YO GEORGIANS! :)

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by SeramaSweetie, Jan 13, 2009.

1. RoboDuck

RoboDuck Chillin' With My Peeps

2. nuttinfancy

nuttinfancy Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 8, 2013
    Ambrose, GA
    Those little motors go bad in the turners. I had to replace one after only 3 days of use. Luckily it was warranted.

3. abmaddox1981

abmaddox1981 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 1, 2013
    Griffin Georgia
    I free range so they don't need as much commercial feed. I also grow fodder (wheat and flax sprouts) for them and the rabbits. I usually spend $30-$45 every 10 days.

4. RoboDuck

Well let's hope the eggs will be ok not turning for a little while until we can get something figured out. 12 hours into the incubation and things are going wrong. [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

5. nuttinfancy

nuttinfancy Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 8, 2013
    Ambrose, GA
    They should be fine for a while. Run out and get another turner! Or 2 or 5!

6. RoboDuck

I'll have to. I can't be letting my goose eggs die. Me and that feed store will be having words if they sold me used crap that was already returned once.

7. debgal

debgal Chillin' With My Peeps

May 12, 2008
    Griffin, Ga
    Robo,,, take a deep breath, go to feed store, get a new turner. Do you have receipt? Take it with ya. But stay calm. You can do this. GAM will be so proud of you. Just stay calm and get going, the clock is ticking...........oh and stay calm :)

1 person likes this.
  8. debgal

May 12, 2008
    Griffin, Ga
    Ok got to get ready to leave, got a busy day planned. Good luck Robo, I'll check in later tonight.

9. sanchabird

sanchabird Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 7, 2014
    North Georgia
    I free range too, but I only have 4 girls. I spend about 17 dollars every 3 weeks on a 30 lb bag, so not a lot. This may be a stupid question, but how do you grow fodder? Where do you buy wheat? Do you grow it outside or inside? Does it require a plant light if grown inside? Sorry for all the questions.[​IMG]

10. debgal

May 12, 2008
    Griffin, Ga
    Go to YouTube they have lots of videos on growing fodder, it's simple. I get wheat from the grain mill down the road. I get a huge bag for lik ten bucks, will last til mid to late summer? Fodder is like growing a chia pet but in trays with a little water pump that waters it on a timer. I have six stacked on a simple PVC shelving thing I made. Takes six days to grow to what I need, kind of likebean sprouts, so when I start, make one pan a day, then in six days the one on the top is ready, feed it to your peeps and rotate the Reston the shelves up and put the empty on the bottom and fill with seed. Water drips on the top pan only then drips down and ends up in a container underneath were the pump recycles it.

Last edited: Mar 14, 2014

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by