YO GEORGIANS! :)

Do y'all remember me telling you how I had one chick that was smaller than the others? I am pretty sure she is a speckled sussex(my free chick). Well my kids and I are giving the chicks some one on one time tonight and she seems pretty lethargic(sleeping more than the others) and I noticed her feet don't grip and seem to be weak and deformed. What if anything should I do? She does eat and drink. She also walks but seems to squat down all the time.
Here is a pic of her and then a pic of her sister(same breed) and her. Thoughts? Opinions? Suggestions?

Do y'all remember me telling you how I had one chick that was smaller than the others? I am pretty sure she is a speckled sussex(my free chick). Well my kids and I are giving the chicks some one on one time tonight and she seems pretty lethargic(sleeping more than the others) and I noticed her feet don't grip and seem to be weak and deformed. What if anything should I do? She does eat and drink. She also walks but seems to squat down all the time.
Here is a pic of her and then a pic of her sister(same breed) and her. Thoughts? Opinions? Suggestions?

It looks like she has curled toe. You can make a "bootie" out of bandaids or scotch tape.

And here it is... another funny Craigslist post! But this one is WAY too good to pass up! the headline reads FREE COUCH to go with the FREE HOUSE!

But I'm thinking the house is probably downstream a little more by now...

http://atlanta.craigslist.org/atl/zip/4374617564.html

I actually saw that ad for the storage building hanging over the hill when it was first posted. I laughed and went on to something else. Apparently this person found it funny, too.

Browns Feed Store. Interesting place but they have too many chickens in too little cages. It's chick season now and though I haven't been there I hear they have a lot of different birds.
I've been there before. Made me sad. Hundreds of chicks is tiny cages....so stuffed in there, they couldn't move. Some dead ones getting trampled at the bottom of the cages. Cages on top of cages....poop falling on the chicks in the bottom row. That was last year and things could have changed, but I won't go back there. Prices were high, too.

Ok, so a few steps closer to having RoboFarm fenced in. I now have 2,200 feet of horse fence and 260 brand new wood fence posts. TSC only had one 25 pound box of staples so I'll need some more. I need a couple more gates and a few bigger posts for the corners. And then all I need is the team of fence building experts to show up on Tuesday morning. It was going to be Monday but it is going to be raining.

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<will be holding breath

It looks like she has curled toe. You can make a "bootie" out of bandaids or scotch tape.
You might try a little sugar water. I've heard it can boost their energy a little and get them moving a little more. Maybe some of that vita-stuff for chicks. Probiotic and what's that other packet stuff they sell at tractor supply for new chicks? hahaha! I think I'm having a brain fart! Can't think of the names of anything! Maybe I should go take a nap!

Back
Top Bottom