YO GEORGIANS! :)

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by SeramaSweetie, Jan 13, 2009.

1. mrsdszoo

mrsdszoo Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 19, 2012
    1 person likes this.
  2. LTygress

LTygress Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 12, 2012

I know, it's not like you had plants to water or thirsty chickens or rabbits, you know? I mean that would just be horrible!

Last edited: Mar 15, 2014
  3. LTygress

LTygress Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 12, 2012
    Okay, first three goose eggs are still kicking. They have lost just about the right amount of weight, and showing good blood vessels and movement.

The next set of five are NOT doing well at all. There is only ONE really developing, two maybes, and two that almost definitely aren't doing anything. I'll give all of those until next weekend to show blood vessels, before cracking them open to see if they were even fertile.

With all of this mess though, I'm thinking about just ordering goslings next time and calling it a day. $50 for one developing egg is insane. And $42 for three developing but having detached air cells might not be worth it either.

4. Book

Book Chillin' With My Peeps

May 16, 2012
    Eastern GA
    [​IMG]

A friend sent me photos of chick tutus and said I should try with my chicks while I still could. They are about too big! LOL It was fun and the kids had a blast with them and the time handling the chicks I think it great for getting them used to us all. (We still have 6 chicks, just didn't get photos of them all tonight!)

1 person likes this.
  5. mrsdszoo

Oct 19, 2012
    That really stinks. Geese are starting to sound like just as a big of a job to breed as turkeys :I

6. mrsdszoo

Oct 19, 2012
    @Book I love them! How did you make them and get them on the chicks? So cute!

7. farmerChef

farmerChef Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 18, 2010
    Southern Georgia
    My Coop
    They look like those fancy cupcake liners

8. Book

Book Chillin' With My Peeps

May 16, 2012
    Eastern GA
    Yup, just cupcake liners, cut a whole in the bottom. We put them on over the chicks head and they wiggle/dance/flap until their wings are over them. Course with the chicks being so big (about 4 weeks) some of the cups got broken. It was just a little fun. (A dear friend died yesterday and their is a bunch of us who knew her just trying to get any silly distraction that we can to make each other smile)

9. mrsdszoo

Oct 19, 2012
    My daughter's next photography project will feature chick tutus!

10. RoboDuck

RoboDuck Chillin' With My Peeps

I am finally home from the Harlem Globetrotters game. Entertaining but not as good as the 70's team with Goose and Curly.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by