1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

YO GEORGIANS! :)

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by SeramaSweetie, Jan 13, 2009.

1. abmaddox1981

abmaddox1981 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 1, 2013
    Griffin Georgia
    Mornin' deb!

2. debgal

debgal Chillin' With My Peeps

May 12, 2008
    Griffin, Ga
    After a day of roofing, :tongue , I come in to check on the chicks, UGGG, they have learned how to fly up onto the feeder, then to the edge of the tub, then onto the floor. They were all over the room. So, brought in this wooden stand my dad made for my washer and dryer, so I wouldn't have to sit on the floor to fold. DH got me top load so the stand wasn't being used. Flipped it over on back porch/greenhouse and put chicken wire on top. Wala, let's see them get out of that !!!!!!! Turds

3. debgal

May 12, 2008
    Griffin, Ga
    Morning AB

4. abmaddox1981

May 1, 2013
    Griffin Georgia
    Lol! How old are the babies? You may want to rig a roost (narrow dowel or even a piece of dead fall) so they'll have something to do.

5. carcar80

carcar80 Overrun With Chickens

Mar 19, 2013
    GA, US
    Morning all. Rain here too. I was supposed to have a friend coming to see my horse today and hopefully buy him, but that won't work too well in this rain.

If/when she does, I've decided I'll take some of that money and just freakin BUY whatever chicks I want. I'm about to call this hatch a complete wash and I'm fairly ****** about it. :he

6. debgal

May 12, 2008
    Griffin, Ga
    I did, but it in its self helped them get out. Lol omg DH is off again today and is already driving me crazy. Woke me up at 530 to tell me it's raining :rolleyes: REALLY ?!?!?! Then went back to sleep. He just got up again, came in and said I think it's time for your trees to go outside, then went back to bed. LOL silly

7. debgal

May 12, 2008
    Griffin, Ga
    I'm sorry carcar :(

8. abmaddox1981

May 1, 2013
    Griffin Georgia
    @carcar80 what kind of chickies are you wanting?

9. carcar80

carcar80 Overrun With Chickens

Mar 19, 2013
    GA, US
    Thanks, just venting. :( I just want to know what I did! Too humid too early? Not enough in the beginning? Temperature? Turning?

A lot of my eggs appear to have quit a while back, although they continued moving for quite some time.

Anyways, I have a support group on my hatch thread, just spreading my joy here this morning too so nobody feels left out. :/ :lau

10. debgal

May 12, 2008
    Griffin, Ga
    Here is the new brooder I threw together after an exhausting day of roofing. Ugg went out this morning and they are doing great!! That room is not climate controlled so they will get acclimated to outside weather pretty quick. They are three weeks old aprox.

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by