YO GEORGIANS! :)

Aww, poor guy.

But Lola is happy now.
He is fine, he is actually super happy to be top bird in the house. He will be the only parrot I keep. He hated the cockatoo. Was a real trick to keep them apart. It's getting harder for me to take them in. Lately they are in horrible condition and when I can't save them and they pass away, it's just rips my heart out. That's kind of why I gave you everything. With out an extra cage, I can't take any more in. The one Lola came in is now on its side so the ducks can get some outside time and play in the grass. Think I'm retiring from parrot rescue and going to concentrate on having a mini farm. That way I can spend more time outside. :D

Last edited:
Good morning all. Collinsville - I grew up about 30 miles from there. Saturday morning Trade Day in Collinsville was a big deal. My stepfather was determined to have a farm full of animals but somehow, his plan was thwarted. We had horses, chickens, ducks, geese, goats and mules. We made multiple trips to Trade Day and it was always so much fun. Trade Day had everything and it was HUGE! You could literally get just about any animal you were looking for. However, that was 30 years ago. I haven't been in a very long time but my sister and a couple of BIL's still live in the area. I could contact them if y'all want and find out if the livestock selection is still as broad. Besides livestock, it used to have tons of other stuff to buy...we never went home empty handed. If it's still as big as it used to be, it's a great way to spend a Saturday.

Morning all. Rain here too. I was supposed to have a friend coming to see my horse today and hopefully buy him, but that won't work too well in this rain.

If/when she does, I've decided I'll take some of that money and just freakin BUY whatever chicks I want. I'm about to call this hatch a complete wash and I'm fairly ****** about it.
he.gif

Carcar I have not priced hatchery chicks but if you don't mind driving an hour there is a good breeder here in Gray, GA. All purebred stock, most chicks are $3 (I bought two Ameraucaunas and a Dominique, then he ended up giving me a 6 month old OEG Bantam hen that needed a new home). He has many different varieties some of which are rare.

If you are interested let me know and I will PM you his number.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom