YO GEORGIANS! :)

I am in Southwest GA by Ft. Benning :yiipchick

Welcome!!

So my chicks spent their first night in the coop. My little dog wasn't a big fan of the move, but they seem to be doing fine otherwise.

Awesome!! I'm hoping the temps warm up soon so I can start taking my month-olds outside for a few hours during the day.

Last edited:
Well, most of these would be much older by the time they got processed. They aren't cornish-related at all, and I would wait until the males and females started to crow or lay eggs before getting rid of the males, just to be sure I was keeping the hens. So I'd be looking at no less than 16 weeks old for most of them, depending on the breed/mix.

Yea, my plan is to keep all my roos for meat. I'll probably process them around 5 months old.

They like apples and pears because the flesh isn't green. They don't like broccoli, cucumber, lettuce, swiss chard, kale, etc. I don't know why, but otherwise yes, they'll eat anything!

Oh wow, my chickens eat anything green. So far, the only things they won't eat are onion greens. Of course I don't give them citrus. In the summer, I cut young saplings and stick them in the ground. They will eat all the leaves!!

Is that odd? :oops:

They like apples and pears because the flesh isn't green. They don't like broccoli, cucumber, lettuce, swiss chard, kale, etc. I don't know why, but otherwise yes, they'll eat anything!
They also like spinach, kale, romaine, turnip greens, collards, and bell peppers (any color, including green). It's just that apples and pears are like mealworms to them! Don't drop one you were actually eating when you're near them. It'll be gone in seconds - with everyone chasing the lucky chicken that grabbed it first!

They also like spinach, kale, romaine, turnip greens, collards, and bell peppers (any color, including green). It's just that apples and pears are like mealworms to them! Don't drop one you were actually eating when you're near them. It'll be gone in seconds - with everyone chasing the lucky chicken that grabbed it first!

:lol: I love watching them play football with their food!! :clap

Oh wow, my chickens eat anything green. So far, the only things they won't eat are onion greens. Of course I don't give them citrus. In the summer, I cut young saplings and stick them in the ground. They will eat all the leaves!!

Is that odd?
hide.gif
No, its normal, my chickens on the other hand, are not normal
gig.gif

Uhhh, I wish mine would eat that as they have vitamins and nutrients in them and they're healthy, but they just won't eat them. Ive tried since they were a few weeks old but nope. Mine however loooveee tomatoes, especially when they're still on the plant
he.gif
It is hilarious to watch them chase whoever has the food isn't it!!!

Back
Top Bottom