YO GEORGIANS! :)

This turned out to be a rooster. 9 lbs in less than 3 months.
this was a broiler/meat bird. He wouldn't have made it much longer, they are hybrids bred to get big fast. Lots of problems of you try to keep them as pets/layers

CD, what do you think? How was your Mal raised/kept?

Well, first, she was the only mallard with pekins, a crested pekin, and cayugas. They couldn't fly, so maybe that helped keep her grounded. Aside from that, she had "free range" of a back yard that was about 100-foot by 70-foot, and had a 6-foot tall privacy fence. She could get over the fence, and sometimes did for foraging for extra food. But she never actually left. And no one could see anything outside of the yard until they flew over.

My Marans eggs hatch almost just if I think about it. And the mutts have been hatching like crazy. I think you bought a defective incubator.

If these turkey eggs hatch, I'm going to suggest you send all pilgrim eggs to me next year to hatch out for you. I have no idea WHAT has entered my brain this time around, but I've left the lid off on these turkeys' incubator so many times, they shouldn't be alive at all. But they are still moving inside of those eggs, so we'll see.

They were due today, but I'm expecting them late since I slowed down their growth so many times. I may not have time to candle them before work, but I'll candle them afterwards for sure!

If these turkey eggs hatch, I'm going to suggest you send all pilgrim eggs to me next year to hatch out for you. I have no idea WHAT has entered my brain this time around, but I've left the lid off on these turkeys' incubator so many times, they shouldn't be alive at all. But they are still moving inside of those eggs, so we'll see.

They were due today, but I'm expecting them late since I slowed down their growth so many times. I may not have time to candle them before work, but I'll candle them afterwards for sure!

The Sweetgrass eggs have been 3 for 6 since pretty much the beginning (shipped eggs) and the Narragansett eggs from zoo are 5 for 6. Only one that isn't going from that bunch was cracked.

Back
Top Bottom