YO GEORGIANS! :)

The one in the front has yellow legs, the one in the back has blue legs. The rust color started to show up at about 6 weeks or so and it kept getting more. When I was trying to figure out what breed they were as chicks they really looked like the California Whites. I know the feed store shuffle and the fact that the sign in front of them is often not right- there were 4 of these in the bin almost dead and these two survived so I really didn't care what they were. I was hoping for a pair though so that if I liked them I could hatch more. Maybe I'll try posting in the 'What breed is this' section since I have chick pics and adult pics as well as the fact that it laid at just 17 weeks:) The fence fairy has been a no-show here too as evidenced by the fact that the hog lot isn't done yet! (My back is sore, I am physically exhausted and dh still wakes me up earlier than I wish so just where is this fence fairy?!?)

The one in the front has yellow legs, the one in the back has blue legs. The rust color started to show up at about 6 weeks or so and it kept getting more. When I was trying to figure out what breed they were as chicks they really looked like the California Whites. I know the feed store shuffle and the fact that the sign in front of them is often not right- there were 4 of these in the bin almost dead and these two survived so I really didn't care what they were. I was hoping for a pair though so that if I liked them I could hatch more. Maybe I'll try posting in the 'What breed is this' section since I have chick pics and adult pics as well as the fact that it laid at just 17 weeks:) The fence fairy has been a no-show here too as evidenced by the fact that the hog lot isn't done yet! (My back is sore, I am physically exhausted and dh still wakes me up earlier than I wish so just where is this fence fairy?!?)

Sounds like Tetra Tint to me too!

I think our fence fairy drowned in all the rain...
th.gif

Now back to the fence fairies.... They returned today. The corner posts, brace posts and gate posts are in. And again, I'm pretty sure I worked harder than they did. I put out about 250 posts at all the holes we dug yesterday. Then I went back and put out nearly 2,000 pounds worth of concrete 80 pounds at time. Now we just have to wait and see if it rains. Fence Fairies can't work in the rain. Their wings get wet and they can't fly home. So we have to see if we get anymore work done tomorrow or have to wait until next weekend.

doh! You'd think I'd get that, as many times as it's been pointed out to me. But, in my defence I'm relatively new...well, 6 years. I lived on the other side of the Metro for a long time. I have what you might call a micro-farm. Maybe micro-mini. Just an acre and only half is cleared. We have 9 hens and 2 roos, I THINK. Three Silver spangled Hamburgs, 1 EE, 2 Wyandottes, 1 BO, 2 New Hampshire reds, 2 cream legbars. Also have 3 red ranger eggs incubating. (I ordered them from a fellow near Macon but most were destroyed in transit. He says he'll send replacements next week.) They will--hopefully--be my first experience raising meat birds. Aside from the fluffy butts I have just 2 cats and 2 dogs. We grow strawberries, blueberries, and blackberries. My veggie efforts are in 5 raised beds and in containers. The soil here is rocky clay and the worst I've ever tried to deal with, but I have an area I'm experimenting with where I have a hoop house with 3 chicks living. The yard around it is fenced with bird netting over top of most of it. My hope is to have a thick layer of compost over the entire area in a few years so I can plant without tilling. All my birds are free range all day, and cooped at night.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom