YO GEORGIANS! :)

Tractor Supply in Fort Oglethorpe will be having another trade day again September 20 from 10am-2pm, bring anything you like there is NO set up fee. AND we will also be having pet adoptions from Catoosa County Citizens for Animal Care, pony rides, vendor give a ways, Cornerstone Vet will be there for vaccines on animals both large and small. A $200 gift card will be given away towards dog food and a $100 rebate vet certificate will also be awarded. Local FFA will be there cooking for those who get hungry! Lots going on that day hope to see y'all there!!!

[COLOR=808080]Tractor Supply in Fort Oglethorpe will be having another trade day again September 20 from 10am-2pm, bring anything you like there is NO set up fee. AND we will[/COLOR] also be having pet adoptions from Catoosa County Citizens for Animal Care, pony rides, vendor give a ways, [COLOR=3B5998]Cornerstone Vet will be there for vaccines on animals both large and small. A $200 gift card will be given away towards dog food and a $100 rebate vet certificate will also be awarded. Local FFA will be there cooking for those who get hungry! Lots going on that day hope to see y'all there!!![/COLOR]
I'll be there!

I am alive I swear it!

Broody had babies and is a great Mom only she keeps the chicks under the coop house and not in it. I wonder if the ramp up to it is too hard for the chicks to figure out so she no longer even tries. I worry they will be too went though on the ground you know?

I have 14 older chicks out there in a coop of their own as it is so warm as is.

I have chicks hatching now, just a few.

And after they are hatching I am putting the incubator AWAY I swear it. LOL Chicken math is crazy!

Does the ground stay dry where they are? And is it safe from predators? If so I wouldn't worry, she will keep them warm no matter where..

I had a ramp leading up to my coop too. For the first several days I had to help Mom get them in for the night but they figured it out before too long. Of course, we only had three to round up so that helped a lot- not sure how many you have! :)

Welcome! I'm in LaFayette! We are sort of neighbors!
smile.png
Yes, we certainly are, hi!
frow.gif

Does the ground stay dry where they are? And is it safe from predators? If so I wouldn't worry, she will keep them warm no matter where..

I had a ramp leading up to my coop too. For the first several days I had to help Mom get them in for the night but they figured it out before too long. Of course, we only had three to round up so that helped a lot- not sure how many you have!
smile.png

I think the ground gets wet actually! We added a lot of hey but broody went and spread it all out! It is safe from predators (enclosed on all sides). She has 9 chicks. I will put her in the coop tonight and try and get all her chicks to get up the ramp and maybe after a few nights these chicks too will "get it" as it looks like it is going to be a wet week!

Yeah, as long as she'll let you help for a bit I bet they'll get the hang of it. Mine was so funny, she'd get two out of three in.. She would stand in the doorway calling to the third who just_didn't_get it. So she would hop back out and try to show/talk the confused one through it.. meantime the first two would think she was calling them OUT and we were back at square one.. :lau

So today a hawk or falcon was on top of the fully covered run of the hen and her chicks just watching them and trying to figure out how to get in. The hen was freaking out! So tonight we found her in the coop with 3 of the 9 chicks. She was sleeping.... I bet she tried hard with those other 6. So we helped the other 6 get in. Goodness I am glad all our small chickens are in coops/runs that are fully covered. Most of our flock free ranges in their open run!

Back
Top Bottom