YO GEORGIANS! :)

We are the closest store to downtown Atlanta so we get all of the Decatur, East Point, Buckhead and Cedartown customers who are into backyard chickens. Just had a lady and her 3 daughters in this week from East Point who drove down to get some new laying pullets and while they were in town they bought all of their chicken feed and treats.

So far i can already tell you now our chicken swap will have tons of wyandottes, tons of silkies, and tons of barnyard mixes. We have so many chicken customers now they expanded our chicken aisle from 16' to a little over 32' of chicken products and 4 pallet drops of chicken feed.
I just realized that around that time the chicks my broody mamas just hatched out will be about 6 weeks old. I may be heading your way for that chicken swap depending on how well they do and if nothing else is going on then including the sky falling. Would bringing some fertile eggs like EE eggs be a good idea???

It's nice to be able to watch the chickens play from my bed.

We are the closest store to downtown Atlanta so we get all of the Decatur, East Point, Buckhead and Cedartown customers who are into backyard chickens. Just had a lady and her 3 daughters in this week from East Point who drove down to get some new laying pullets and while they were in town they bought all of their chicken feed and treats.
I'm guessing there must be more than one Cedartown?

Soo.. It rained here last night. GAM and Robo can especially appreciate this one.. Our waterline isn't generally all the way at the road.
1f633.png

Our john boat was completely ashore last night

Layer coop

Luckily only three ladies in that one at the moment, so they are easily set up inside (regardless, they were NOT going down that plank!)

About ten feet out from that coop:

Thank GOD, my Brahmas appear to be on as high ground as our house!!
1f604.png

Good Grief!!! And I thought ours were bad!

HOLY freaking assistance fail, batman!!

I noticed just now that three chicks had pasty butt. So I took all to the kitchen, cleaned those up and put Vaseline on all.

Well, now the ones I had to treat are getting pecked on the hiney by the others. AND I freaking have to leave here in a few.

What do I DO!?!?!?

@ValleyChick thank you for the response and information. The chicken swap sounds perfect!

@CliffB thank you for organizing the swap! I will be there. Can you please tell me the store name or number again? I know I saw it before but could not find it. I have been to the Canton location, but will have to stop by your place to see what you have. Do you carry organic feeds as well?

@carcar80 , I hope you have good drainage and drier ground soon. The 2 ponds I had this morning are halfway down now. I am reading up on permaculture methods for water management, thinking maybe I can end up with a permanent pond and better drainage overall in my 2 acres. I was happy to find out that the veggie garden fared quite well, so I can continue with the plans on having the chicken tractor in there.

Now on to finishing up the coop plans and start building, have to be ready by Feb 14! Can't wait for the ladies to join me in the garden.

Back
Top Bottom