YO GEORGIANS! :)

Is anyone in SE Georgia going to the Florida Sunshine Classic in Lake City next month? I live near the FL border and Lake City is a lot closer to me than Neunan, tho I am sure going to try to go there some year, if I can get time off from work and etc. I've requested the weekend off for the FL show, so I'll hopefully get to go.

I'm in SW georgia, but I plan on going. Its about a 2 hr drive for me. There was an area last year where people where selling birds an eggs. I got a trio of Red Pyle Malays and an emu egg that died while it was hatching last year.

We are not sure exactly what happened, but we think the little roo tried to run the owl off, because the wire wasn't broken at all. The owl had him by the head, trying to pull the rest through the wire. Sam was a mellow fellow, except where his girls were concerned, and we think he may have gone after the owl, because the only way it could have got him is if he was trying to peck at it through the wire. At the time we built that pen all we had was the standard size chicken wire. For a do over I would use the smaller wire that they can't get their heads through.
Your story sounds like mine, had the same problem.I set a live trap and ended up catching 7 raccoons total over a few days.Sounds like you may have a raccoon problem.

In the four years we've had outside chickens, we've had a possum problem, a snake problem, a rodent problem, a fox problem, a hawk problem, and lately, a day hunting owl problem, so I'm sure there's been a racoon or so we thought was something else. We moved here to Woodbine in 08, or more accurately, halfway between Woodbine and Kingsland, where we could finally have outside chickens. If you locate the Cumberland Island National Seashore on a map, we are on the mainland behind the north end of the island. With salt marsh across the street & lots of wooded area behind, we have all kinds of wildlife, most of which likes chicken on the menu.

Just found this thread! I'm from Northwest Georgia in Gordon County! Hello to everyone around here!
frow.gif

Back
Top Bottom