YO GEORGIANS! :)

And being so young, I didn't want them to drown themselves, but it does help to weight it down. I also used the glass jars I already had instead of the plastic ones they sale at TSC, saved money and helps weight it down too!

Last edited:
Welcome guys!

Love those chicks!! Too cute!

I can't wait until we get our backyard finished and we can finish our outdoor run for my girls. Lol my poor husband has lots of work to do!

Welcome guys!

Love those chicks!! Too cute!

I can't wait until we get our backyard finished and we can finish our outdoor run for my girls. Lol my poor husband has lots of work to do!
Thanks!!!! So does mine, we are working on our new coop and run! We have the frame and roof on, but still have lots to do!!!!

It's so exciting to get new chicks for the first time! I got mine about 3.5 mos ago n they grew so fast! Enjoy them n have lots of fun. ;). My 11 yr old has so much fun everyday w them, as I do but it never gets old! :)

Since yall are in Georgia, and I am a newbie, I wonder if you could answer a question for me! We have spring break the first full week of April, so I am trying to gauge the best time to get our day-old chicks. I could wait and hopefully get the exact combination of breeds that I want (we only have have room for 4 hens - converting the dog house in the avatar to a coop!) if I order from Meyer in April, or I can get them from my feed store in mid- March and hope for the breeds I want but then have to get someone I trust to come check on my babies while we're gone for 4 days or so for spring break. So here is the question:

Is mid to late April too late to get started with day-old chicks???? Or is it better to go ahead and get them and hope that they'll be ok while we're gone at 3 weeks of age with someone stopping by once a day to check on them in their brooder (ours will be a large rubbermaid tub!)?

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom