YO GEORGIANS! :)

beautiful chicken church :)
Thank you so much OohLaLa! We are now planning our next coop/breeding pens/grow-out 12x15. Oh My
gig.gif

Hi unfortunately since last time I posted on here my entire flock except one hen was killed by stray dogs but I did muster up enough courage to order a top hat special from cackle hatchery.I sure do miss my chickens.

Wish we could make it better. I know your new babies will help make you feel some what better.

Probably your city ordinances trump the County's but I'm not sure. I would check with City Hall to know. Don't want you to loose them either..........Well Friends in Georgia, looks like the mud has brought out the varments on our farm..... hawks flying low, raccoons, possoms and more. First predator death in years... One of my precious silkies. I know these things happen but soo soo hard and it's been 5 solid days of it. Well. so happy it's a dry out today. Been out in the mucky mucky mess for feeding and carrying for the animals. Is anyone dry in Georgia. Understand from my Farmer husband that there is a possibility of the white stuff on Saturday and a very very cold night tomorrow night. So tomorrow's chores include more wind proofing and coverings. Not just pens but also fruit trees, etc. But would I have it any other way? Absolutely not! So the wood stove is roaring now and hope all of you have a happy valentine's day.... Look what I got for Valentine's.... Actually a few days before........ Her Momma, Paula, had three beautiful babies.......This was the girl two hours after she was born! Do feel free to visit our blog if anyone likes and I'd love to know if there are any other GA bloggers too! http://thegarryfarm.blogspot.com/ Happy Valentines Day!

Such a cutie...just want to kiss her. I sure hope you feel better lady. Lord I ask that you help these medications to cure and bring her back to health. Give her complete rest. Amen.

Hello all! I'm in savannah ga. :)

to our Georgians group! So happy you are here. Tell us about your chickens please and post pictures too.

got my blue splash maran roo today n my blue copper hen!!!! three dozen of maran eggs. lucky guy? yep to have such a great lady! love you beckyb1971. happy valentines day. also anyone want marans pm me!!!!
Shoot I was at the Newnan show and didn't get to meet you! Did you gf get to feeling better and go with you? Looks like you got a lot of NEW babies!!! My husband and I picked up 4 new babies at the show. I am so excited for what our summer and fall will look like.
wee.gif

My new boy and girl Splash Silkies

My husband's new breed ~ WC Frizzled Chocolate Polish ~ Her name is Audrey

Her mate ~ Khaki Smooth Feathered Polish ~ His name is Albert

Albert's face ~ Isn't he cute?

So our day at Newnan was so much fun and we really enjoyed it. Can't wait to show my own one day!

didnt get to go to newnan. went with my gf n best friend to a chicken auction. maybe next year. have a friend who had marans for sale at newnan. richard was his name. he has blue splash blue copper black copper whites n wheatens. hope nobody missed him!

Beautiful birds. I did not go to Newnan as much as I had wanted to. I had to choose between that or an extra pair of hands to get my roof up on the ....forever....under construction coop. :(

didnt get to go to newnan. went with my gf n best friend to a chicken auction. maybe next year. have a friend who had marans for sale at newnan. richard was his name. he has blue splash blue copper black copper whites n wheatens. hope nobody missed him!
There were soooooo many people selling we never saw all of them. I was focused on getting the splash silkies then when we saw the frizzled WC Chocolate Polish we fell in love and bought her plus a Khaki cock. I wish I would of had time to look around more but with working the table and us having to leave early for our granddaughters 2nd B-day party we had little time.

Beautiful birds. I did not go to Newnan as much as I had wanted to. I had to choose between that or an extra pair of hands to get my roof up on the ....forever....under construction coop. :(
Well you have to take the extra pair of hands to get that roof on your coop. We are now designing our new coop for some serious breeding. What have we gotten ourselves into???

That's so funny about the coop building because my hubby is constantly having to repair,change or add to ours. We waited for yrs to get chickens because he was active duty Army and he recently retired. My daughter n I were the ones who wanted them for eggs so every time we need his construction expertise he just rolls his eyes n goes to work. Lmao. Yet I know he'll enjoy the eggs once they start laying! :)

We tore down an outside enclosed porch do we used that wavy plastic roofing for our coop. It's tinted so hopefully in the hot Ga summer it will help w the heat. So far it's been a godsend cuz here in Savannah we have gotten quite a bit of rain plus the large birds of prey can't get in. ;-)

Thank you so much OohLaLa! We are now planning our next coop/breeding pens/grow-out 12x15. Oh My
gig.gif

Wish we could make it better. I know your new babies will help make you feel some what better.

Such a cutie...just want to kiss her. I sure hope you feel better lady. Lord I ask that you help these medications to cure and bring her back to health. Give her complete rest. Amen.

to our Georgians group! So happy you are here. Tell us about your chickens please and post pictures too.

Shoot I was at the Newnan show and didn't get to meet you! Did you gf get to feeling better and go with you? Looks like you got a lot of NEW babies!!! My husband and I picked up 4 new babies at the show. I am so excited for what our summer and fall will look like.
wee.gif

My new boy and girl Splash Silkies

My husband's new breed ~ WC Frizzled Chocolate Polish ~ Her name is Audrey

Her mate ~ Khaki Smooth Feathered Polish ~ His name is Albert

Albert's face ~ Isn't he cute?

So our day at Newnan was so much fun and we really enjoyed it. Can't wait to show my own one day!

Back
Top Bottom