YO GEORGIANS! :)

One of mine lays a light brown egg I don't think mine are pure breed . A friendly farmer told me to look at the ear lobs that's what color the eggs will be not sure if any of that is true but we sure had a good time chasing chickens to look at their ear lobs .

Hey Y'all,

I've been off working like a crazy, up in Canada visiting friends and family and building my chicken tractor (still needs wheels). Popping in with a few updates and toes crossed that when I turn the chickens in the tractor loose during the day to free range that they will actually come back at night. Sunday will be a week for all but one I added tonight.

HEY!!!! good to see you, I've wondered if you had deserted us. Thought about you the other day when I was somewhere that had a chicken pic and the one I saw at hobby lobby that time next to the pic of 'oh laa laa'...........

coop looks great! as do the chickies

One of mine lays a light brown egg I don't think mine are pure breed . A friendly farmer told me to look at the ear lobs that's what color the eggs will be not sure if any of that is true but we sure had a good time chasing chickens to look at their ear lobs .
yeah I was trying to get them still enough for me to get close enough to check the ears. I got these chicks at TSC, so I would have expected them as hatchery chicks to be pure, I may put up the divider tomorrow and just isolate them and see if it's one of them

Thanks and yup still here cluckin with my feathered crew :) Hobby Lobby was a great source for the finishing touches on my tractor. Their summer stuff is 80% off. That saved me from having to build that window frame from scratch as I have before. For $11 I walked out out with the window frame, sign and door art, that leaves more money for chicken feed lol. I'm now trying to find a cheap way of automating the hen door in to the run. Any off grid ideas would be welcomed. To funny that all my old and even the new patients at work still call me the Chicken Lady, they all ask so many questions. Most folks are amazed that you don't need a rooster to get an egg.

Last edited:
Thanks and yup still here cluckin with my feathered crew :) Hobby Lobby was a great source for the finishing touches on my tractor. Their summer stuff is 80% off. That saved me from having to build that window frame from scratch as I have before. For $11 I walked out out with the window frame, sign and door art, that leaves more money for chicken feed lol. I'm now trying to find a cheap way of automating the hen door in to the run. Any off grid ideas would be welcomed. To funny that all my old and even the new patients at work still call me the Chicken Lady, they all ask so many questions. Most folks are amazed that you don't need a rooster to get an egg.
The coop looks great I love all the artistic touches the colors look good together . I have had the egg conversation with more people than I can count one even googled it because they didn't want to eat a baby chicken .

yeah I was trying to get them still enough for me to get close enough to check the ears. I got these chicks at TSC, so I would have expected them as hatchery chicks to be pure, I may put up the divider tomorrow and just isolate them and see if it's one of them
I stopped at Elrods to look for blueberry bushes and found out they sell chicken food no GMO is thirteen dollars for a 50 lb.bag and the people were wonderful . And they had the bush I wanted to , as well as selling wheat straw I will be going back again they were on their customer service game .

I stopped at Elrods to look for blueberry bushes and found out they sell chicken food no GMO is thirteen dollars for a 50 lb.bag and the people were wonderful . And they had the bush I wanted to , as well as selling wheat straw I will be going back again they were on their customer service game .
congratulations on finding a new store!

So.... I have a broody hen that won't break... SO anyone have Ducks hatching eggs??? Any breed that is light colored or lays well I'll take.
big_smile.png
Pm me if ya do!
Also would think about bantam chicken hatching eggs if the breeds are small and pretty. Pm me!!! The sooner the better, she's already been broody for two weeks.

Back
Top Bottom