YO GEORGIANS! :)

Wishing all at joyful, happy and blessed Merry Christmas Hope all and everyone is safe, and dry with this torrential rain we are getting. I for one know my run is starting to experience some small lakes forming, but the hens are still dry.

... her hatch ratio was pretty good she got 72 eggs only 18 out of 72 did not hatch

That's not an impressive ratio.  If that was all I got on a hatch I'd be trying to figure out what went wrong.

Woodstock here!

Howdy ... welcome to the madness.
I have know people to have worst in the hatching process she says her baton acted up and temperatures jumped to high consider baton acting up it still a fair ratio maybe not the best but not the worst either and it was a fair test run for me to see if fertility was produced as my concern was I wanted to know these issue's before I was selling hatching eggs and she wanted eggs from my hens and roosters so we traded her honey for my eggs sometime even in trying in the best conditions things can go wrong.

I have know people to have worst in the hatching process she says her baton acted up and temperatures jumped to high consider baton acting up it still a fair ratio maybe not the best but not the worst either and it was a fair test run for me to see if fertility was produced as my concern was I wanted to know these issue's before I was selling hatching eggs and she wanted eggs from my hens and roosters so we traded her honey for my eggs sometime even in trying in the best conditions things can go wrong.
But you said it was pretty good and it wasn't ... and you said something about how you could tell with 98% accuracy on the fertility, or something like that. Not a chance in this life or any other that I would sell hatching eggs without a better hatch rate first. I assume "baton" means incubator. I would run another hatch, ensuring the incubator was working properly and see how that goes before I would sell "hatching eggs" to anyone.

Maybe sell them at a lower price and be clear on the earlier results but you're setting yourself and any potential customers up for a bad experience right now ... in my opinion.

But you said it was pretty good and it wasn't ... and you said something about how you could tell with 98% accuracy on the fertility, or something like that. Not a chance in this life or any other that I would sell hatching eggs without a better hatch rate first. I assume "baton" means incubator. I would run another hatch, ensuring the incubator was working properly and see how that goes before I would sell "hatching eggs" to anyone.

Maybe sell them at a lower price and be clear on the earlier results but you're setting yourself and any potential customers up for a bad experience right now ... in my opinion.
so anyone else notice the name change? maybe trying to hide to avoid a ban? as someone who has a good history hatching, I'm glad you clarified the hatch rate.
thumbsup.gif

I couldn't argue that point because I haven't done any incubating, or 'batoning' yet ;) I just love when someone starts digging a hole and in trying to get out of it just wind up going deeper in
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom