YO GEORGIANS! :)

I make my own bulkheads for nipple waterer buckets. Get a male threaded and a female threaded PVC fitting and a large metal washer, an electrical locknut and a rubber o-ring. These were all things I had in the barn so it just made sense to me to use it. Drill a hole in side of bucket high enough off the bottom for the fittings to turn as you tighten them. Put the o-ring and the male fitting on the inside of the bucket with a little silicone. Then the metal washer with some silicone against the outside of the bucket. Then tighten the electrical locknut against the washer and then the female fitting. Tighten it up real good and let the silicone cure. The metal washer will flatten the side of the bucket a little. After it's cured you can glue the rest of your piping system to the female fitting. I've been using this one for 4 years now and just had to redo the silicone this past summer.

I'd love hives like these ... http://www.honeyflow.com/
It's a hoax. Snake oil, I tell you. Capitalism at it's worst.
The bees won't cap the cells until the moisture content gets below a certain level. And they don't necessarily fill the entire frame at one time. They're usually pretty clean but sometimes you get some extra stuff in there with the honey. That's why it has to be filtered.
This contraption has made the rounds on several beekeeping forums and the consensus is always the same. Waste your money on something else. Like maybe a hoverboard for your rooster?
wink.png

Back
Top Bottom