YO GEORGIANS! :)

I was so excited last night to hear not one, not two but THREE owls conversing in my yard!! They were Great Horned Owls, and mostly hanging around the pond. Of course, it did cross my mind that they could break into my pens, but then I thought about the new flock of strange ducks that has taken up the last couple days. And the rats in the barn! I'm thinking they'd at least take care of all that first. ;)

Anyway, it was neat. I love hearing something and then searching/ IDing it. I just wish I could see one!

These are the Duck of the Week..Bufflehead Ducks. Crazy seeing a wild duck with GLARING white markings, lol.

..or at least that's what I narrowed it down to. I couldn't find anything else that looked anything like them.

Last edited:
I was so excited last night to hear not one, not two but THREE owls conversing in my yard!! They were Great Horned Owls, and mostly hanging around the pond. Of course, it did cross my mind that they could break into my pens, but then I thought about the new flock of strange ducks that has taken up the last couple days. And the rats in the barn! I'm thinking they'd at least take care of all that first.
wink.png

Anyway, it was neat. I love hearing something and then searching/ IDing it. I just wish I could see one!
I was wondering how Socrates and his buddies were doing.

These are the Duck of the Week..Bufflehead Ducks. Crazy seeing a wild duck with GLARING white markings, lol.

..or at least that's what I narrowed it down to. I couldn't find anything else that looked anything like them.
Very pretty duck. I'm jealous.

...And thanks to the rain, our lake is back full again! Yay!!!
Jealous here, too. Our pond is still so incredibly low. It's just sad.

Back
Top Bottom