YO GEORGIANS! :)

***SOLD!***

As some of you know, I've been reducing my flocks. I sold/gave away 20+ birds in the past week, and I have about 15 to go.

BBS Orpington Package - **Free** Birds go as a group. Group includes the following:
4 - Blue (BBS) Orpingtons (American) - 2 male/2 female - hatched 4/15/17 - Stunningly beautiful birds. One male has pea comb and birchen hackles (so may be a splash). I only raise English Orpingtons, so these don't fit into my breeding program.
1 - Black Orpington (American) - 1 female - hatched 4/15/17 - Very sweet girl. She was the lone Black Orp from the hatch. If she were English, I would keep her.

French Black Copper Marans Cockerel Package - **Free* Birds can go separately or as a group:
6 - FBCM - 6 males - hatched 4/2/17 - Lots of possibilities with these birds such as the following:
(1) These cockerels are from a show-quality line, so these would be a nice addition for someone wanting to establish a new line or improve an existing FBCM line.
(2) Crossing these guys with blue-egg layers such as Araucanas, Ameraucanas, or Cream Legbar hens would yield Olive Egger pullets. If you're interested in producing hens that lay green eggs, then these cockerels would be a good start.
(3) Grow them out as meat birds. Some people say that FBCM are the best-tasting chickens; however, I imagine that's more a matter of personal taste. These don't grow nearly as fast or as large as Cornish X or Cornish crosses, but they still grow to a respectable size and are dual-meat birds:
https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/marans-as-a-dual-purpose-cold-weather-breed.256408/

Anyway, PM me if you're interested in either or both of these packages. BTW, the BBS Orp pullets are not laying yet, but when mature they are prolific layers of large, light-brown eggs, usually 6 or 7 eggs per hen per week.

***SOLD!***

I only do hens, ive never seen a black? I would take her, would you do a blue and the black?

Ankle is slowly improving. In a brace now instead of the boot and have started physical therapy. Supposed to wear the boot at the farm still.

Would love to have folks out ... if it ever stops raining.
You should coordinate it so that you can process those Cornish X the same day. Kill 2 birds with one bush.

I've got 2 of
Compromised incubator hatch not looking so good. I'm pretty bummed but I guess glad I didn't pay for the eggs? *shrugs* still hate the loss.
the Genesis 1588 electronic and while they do a pretty good job, the electronic thermometer is way off. They tend to vary up and down. But the Leahy is like cruising in an Oldsmobile. Takes a while to get up to speed, but once it's there it's rock steady.
I'm just about convinced that the older incubators are better. It takes a little work to get them adjusted but once that's done you just keep water in them.

Back
Top Bottom