YO GEORGIANS! :)

Did we lose all the previous sites photos? I can't find any of my photos that I use to post from my albums. How do you access them?
yep, gone and when you post a pic you have to look at it at the actual post, so good luck on wanting to remember when a pic was posted, I hate that about this new site.

I set up my game camera ok as you all know I might have one or two hens and I'm going to have to buy eggs!!!! is that crazy or what, even the broody hen eggs are gone, so since everything is locked up tight at night someone or something has to be getting all my eggs any ideas, would a slithery or 4 legged thing take eggs and leave no trace but leave the birds alone? Or do you think it's a 2 legged thing

I've had 3 things steal eggs. Raccoons, which also munched on chickens, snakes that only took the eggs, and other chickens. Sometimes you can see the evidence on their beaks. They'll eat the shell too. Brats.

Oh and I do have a game cam. I'll set it up. Thanks @brucifer for the tip. Raccoons and opposums have always left me a mess of feathers but who knows. They were small birds.
Yeah, the clean removal has me a little perplexed since feather evidence is usually left by most predators, snakes being the main exception. It'll be interesting to see what you game cam finds. :pop

Ok here's the deal. I recently traded two juveniles and a almost 2 year old hen for a beautiful white silkie roo.
The juveniles now show mild scissor beak. I inspected the pair they hatched from and neither parent bird has it ( nor do any of my other hens)
The two I was hatching from at the time were I their own run do to an issue with the behavior of my pheasant patterned hen. She is not the best browser ( She wanders off from her best allot I usually put her eggs under my best browser but let her keep two and that would be these two jueviniles)
I read where incubation temp could do this too. Or could it be a recessive gene from the original line where I purchased my flock?

I set up my game camera ok as you all know I might have one or two hens and I'm going to have to buy eggs!!!! is that crazy or what, even the broody hen eggs are gone, so since everything is locked up tight at night someone or something has to be getting all my eggs any ideas, would a slithery or 4 legged thing take eggs and leave no trace but leave the birds alone? Or do you think it's a 2 legged thing
We're having an issue with squatters here and have been missing eggs and one of my 3 minth olds. We just added padlocks to all the doors and are letting our pibble play gaurd dog for the next couple nights. ( those chickens are his "babies) no worry about him guarsding them. Will let you know how that works for us. Good luck with yours

Back
Top Bottom