YO GEORGIANS! :)

IMG_20170919_082939873.jpg
Sure am loving my Silkies. Thay are so sweet. Meriah one of my frizzle girls wants to be up on my lap all the time. Satin my black follows me around everywhere. Cotton my big white fluffy guy loves being cuddled. And all the rest have such personalities to them. In the morning when I let them out for a few hours I have a tendency to sit with them and not get my morning work done.
IMG_20170919_083049040.jpg

Thought I'd share pics of my finally finished coop...

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1505917096978.jpg
    FB_IMG_1505917096978.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 6
  • FB_IMG_1505917091662.jpg
    FB_IMG_1505917091662.jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 7
  • FB_IMG_1505917100254.jpg
    FB_IMG_1505917100254.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 7
  • FB_IMG_1505917083015.jpg
    FB_IMG_1505917083015.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 7
  • FB_IMG_1505917116935.jpg
    FB_IMG_1505917116935.jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 8
  • FB_IMG_1505917110353.jpg
    FB_IMG_1505917110353.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 7
  • FB_IMG_1505917113553.jpg
    FB_IMG_1505917113553.jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 7
  • FB_IMG_1505917142990.jpg
    FB_IMG_1505917142990.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 7
View attachment 1140550 Sure am loving my Silkies. Thay are so sweet. Meriah one of my frizzle girls wants to be up on my lap all the time. Satin my black follows me around everywhere. Cotton my big white fluffy guy loves being cuddled. And all the rest have such personalities to them. In the morning when I let them out for a few hours I have a tendency to sit with them and not get my morning work done.
View attachment 1140539

Love your cuties!! They look like Muppets!! The buff tone silkie is especially beautiful. I had someone offer me $$$ when they saw this photo of little girl but I said NO WAY!!!!!
IMG_2688.JPG

The storm has really gotten us here...I didn't realize how large 2 acres was until the wooded back of the lot had so many trees and limbs and leaves down. Our other property saw three trees down on the boat house which will probably need a new roof. Thankfully we can say it's all just stuff. Of course, tell that to the 3 year old who had his John Deere pedal tractor severed in two by a fallen limb. :hit<---him! not me! :)

I am glad we abandoned the hoop coop during the storm and put the baby orps on the porch. The hoop coop has been repaired and the orps are back to strutting around. They are just so sweet---they all come to me as soon as the little door opens. The dog even lets them walk on him. Out of my 6 Isabels, I have 1 who is starting to show some wattle. A few are more mauve tone and some are starting to show barring.
IMG_2729.JPG This is the one who is showing wattle.

I'm also really excited that 13/14 Blue Birchen Marans are showing movement as of day 10. 1 egg was just irregularly large and infertile. I've started to notice that the egg that is atypical compared to the rest of the batch tends to be a problem. I'm sure that's why most people don't ship them generally. Still, I paid for a dozen and given the storm, incubating in the car with power inverter, then transferring to friend's house and back home, these babies are fighters!!!

My NPIP check for the last 6 that are not tested will be at the end of the month. After that, there are no more that are uncertified. At that point, the Isabels and the white Polish (turning out GORGEOUS) will go to my farm partner and that will free up some space in the coops.

Hope all is well with y'all! This was a great distraction from working on deep fall cleaning my house---we may have a random offer on it & I need to be show ready! Wish it were as easy as bathing a chicken!!! :lau:lau

I may have missed it further back in the thread Bruce, but are you not going to be able to have chickens at your new place at all?
For the sake of peace with the property owners, we gave up the right to have chickens at the new place. The owner's late mother had an aversion towards chickens and had her two boys promise that no one who leased the property would house chickens there. The owners were willing to allow us to have some chickens, but I could see that as a potential point of contention, so I suggested that the owners put language into the lease that stated that we would not have chickens and that we could raise quail instead, so that's what they did.

However, we are moving back to the house we own in Villa Rica. We had two interested buyers, so I'm glad that we didn't sell it before we decided to move back. Fortunately we didn't have it listed with a realtor, so that means the move back will be relatively easy without any contractual obligations to sort through.

Of course we're now at the point where we have no chickens, but we're just going to slowly start over, maybe sometime early next year. The new neighbors have a dog and a four-wheeler, so we may not have the peace and quiet we're used to having. I'm also going to have to make sure the fencing is extra secure. I am so glad that I didn't tear the fencing down and sell it. I almost did!

View attachment 1140550 Sure am loving my Silkies. Thay are so sweet. Meriah one of my frizzle girls wants to be up on my lap all the time. Satin my black follows me around everywhere. Cotton my big white fluffy guy loves being cuddled. And all the rest have such personalities to them. In the morning when I let them out for a few hours I have a tendency to sit with them and not get my morning work done.
Thanks for posting those photos, Sue. The Silkies look happy and healthy! :) I spent many an hour just hanging out with the birds myself. They are fun to watch and brought us a lot of joy.

Bruce, what's up?
We hope to be moved back sometime around the first. The owner's are giving us all of our money back, but we still are out of pocket moving expenses and of course we no longer have our birds. Hope your ACs are coming along. Do y'all still have Smokey? From the last photo of him that you posted, he seems to be great and looking more handsome by the day. We need to find Randy a colossal-sized NJ Giant roo, a worthy Emerson. I've been looking! :lol:

Thought I'd share pics of my finally finished coop...
¡Fantastico!

Back
Top Bottom