YO GEORGIANS! :)

So, one of my broodies had her babies hatch today. Instead of taking care of her babies, she left them and tried to steal the eggs (and nest) of another broody! The baby chicks were just left until I went and tried to put her back over her chicks. She didn't want that, she just wanted to sit on more eggs! Ugh! Dumb hen! So, I took her babies and put them in the brooder. Put her back with the other hens in the coop where she promptly went to find some eggs to sit on! What a nut! So, she is still broody!

So is there anyone out there that can explain to me why I put eggs in my incubator from many different hens (all different breeds and colors) that lay all different colored eggs and all but one chick is solid black???? Apparently my Ayam Cemani rooster has great black dominant genes! What are my other roosters doing? Watching?

So is there anyone out there that can explain to me why I put eggs in my incubator from many different hens (all different breeds and colors) that lay all different colored eggs and all but one chick is solid black???? Apparently my Ayam Cemani rooster has great black dominant genes! What are my other roosters doing? Watching?
I had that same problem with a black cochin rooster. a majority of the chicks were coming out with black feathered feet.

So, one of my broodies had her babies hatch today. Instead of taking care of her babies, she left them and tried to steal the eggs (and nest) of another broody! The baby chicks were just left until I went and tried to put her back over her chicks. She didn't want that, she just wanted to sit on more eggs! Ugh! Dumb hen! So, I took her babies and put them in the brooder. Put her back with the other hens in the coop where she promptly went to find some eggs to sit on! What a nut! So, she is still broody!
It seems I've been away forever so I probably have. Flowerbh, I believe that you have a hen that has found an excuse for avoiding her rooster.

I don't have much to add today. I am sad and have to go to a funeral next week. A close relative of mine had a death in his family. He was found hanging from a tree a saposed suicide but things just don't add up. Drugs were most likely part of it. Please keep my family in your prayers.

Back
Top Bottom