YO GEORGIANS! :)

So I finally got my film back from the developers. I have this little Kodak Retina Ia from 1949. Here a pic of peeps

Attachments

• 6E460C08-1534-471A-8150-182E6E9B4913.jpeg
    6E460C08-1534-471A-8150-182E6E9B4913.jpeg
    297.5 KB · Views: 6
Does anyone know of any farms that are accepting of roosters? We have a cockerel that is determined to be mean, no matter his rooster training. We can’t find anyone that wants an aggressive rooster lol so I guess it’s freezer camp if we can’t find anyone.

Does anyone know of any farms that are accepting of roosters? We have a cockerel that is determined to be mean, no matter his rooster training. We can’t find anyone that wants an aggressive rooster lol so I guess it’s freezer camp if we can’t find anyone.
Sorry, only one use for mean roosters. I can't see anyone wanting a roo that goes after people.

If everyone remembers, our mallard Runner Duck, Zorro, got ripped open on a huge hook that the renters left at the lake. It tore open a 7" gash from above his stomach (but on his side) to below his leg. I mean, it was open! We saw bones, muscle and fat tissue thru the huge gapingView attachment 1500548 hole. I super glued it shut except for a small opening so that it could drain. After 6 days of quarantine (rest), betadine rinses and 3 days of injected antibiotics, we let Zorro out with the other ducks. They all spent the day at the lake. He seems to be doing very well! He is on the bottom left in the photo! YAY!
Sorry, only one use for mean roosters. I can't see anyone wanting a roo that goes after people.
exactly what I figured. Just wasn’t sure if there were large farms that just kind of served as a sanctuary.

Hatch is over... 7 out of 7 under one broody, 7 out of 7 under the other broody, and 29 from the incubator. Lost a few there. Very odd....I candled them on day 18 and put them air sac up in egg cartons. (I like hatching this way), but one guys eggs kept hatching at the bottom of the egg away from the air sacs! So weird. Not sure why they turned the wrong way. I candled them all the whole time and pointy part of egg down. Anyway, both guys came and got their chicks, so only have about 15 of my own chicks to sell.

Hatch is over... 7 out of 7 under one broody, 7 out of 7 under the other broody, and 29 from the incubator. Lost a few there. Very odd....I candled them on day 18 and put them air sac up in egg cartons. (I like hatching this way), but one guys eggs kept hatching at the bottom of the egg away from the air sacs! So weird. Not sure why they turned the wrong way. I candled them all the whole time and pointy part of egg down. Anyway, both guys came and got their chicks, so only have about 15 of my own chicks to sell.
Would a hen be able to hatch eggs in any positions other than on their sides? Does anyone know if hatcheries position eggs and if so, how?

Good luck with quick sales on your extra chicks!

Last edited:
Hey guys! We recently got a hen who was the favorite hen for about 5 rooster! She laid an egg, and I’m hoping it’s fertile. I’m trying to get my Wyandotte to go broody, but no luck so far. If all else fails, is there anyone in the Woodstock/Acworth area that might be will to try a hand at incubating the egg?

Hey guys! We recently got a hen who was the favorite hen for about 5 rooster! She laid an egg, and I’m hoping it’s fertile. I’m trying to get my Wyandotte to go broody, but no luck so far. If all else fails, is there anyone in the Woodstock/Acworth area that might be will to try a hand at incubating the egg?
If you're willing to drive to Dawson County, Flowerbh almost always has a broody hen she can add eggs to and will sometimes incubate eggs for others if she has enough in total to fill an incubator. She also has some of the greatest color variations in eggs and lots of naked necks she sells.

If you're willing to drive to Dawson County, Flowerbh almost always has a broody hen she can add eggs to and will sometimes incubate eggs for others if she has enough in total to fill an incubator. She also has some of the greatest color variations in eggs and lots of naked necks she sells.
Thank you! It’s only an hour away... Hopefully my hen will go broody!

Back
Top Bottom