YO GEORGIANS! :)

I will be hatching some Runners in the spring!
I will be hatching some Runners in the spring!
Thanks, I will be too because a neighbor is going to give me some runner eggs but I kind of wanted to get a jump start on things and have fertile eggs from my 6 girls if I could. I've got a real pretty penciled one that I would love to breed. That's kind of why I wanted to go to that poultry show to see if I could get a mature drake that I could put with my girls right now.

Hi all, I have been searching around for chicken keeping laws/ordinances for Flowery Branch/Hall county GA, but I have been unable to find anything. My current flock consists of 10 hens and a bantam roo, but I’m in Dekalb right now. We’re moving in the next month or so and I want to make sure my flock is allowed wherever we move. Does anyone know the regulations for Hall county/Flowery Branch area? Thanks in advance!

If anyone is out there I need some help in figuring out the best way to ship adult birds please. I have never shipped birds before and would like to know the type of boxes you use and what to put in them with the birds. Do you have to have a permit of some kind to ship as.well?
Did you ever find the info you needed to ship birds ? If not, maybe I can help. I've shipped a lot of them.

4702165A-451A-4C0B-9D41-D2D8651F37B7.jpeg
Can I just tell you how excited I am able Spring? I have three places I’m getting hatching eggs from! One is for some beautiful Blue Lace Red Wyandottes, some for some huge quality Blue Partridge Brahmas and some for their intense egg colors! Mostly the dark dark Marans eggs! Yea!!!!

Not NPIP I'm in Georgia and shipping Silkies to SC. Never shipped before. Always pick up.
You're supposed to be NPIP in order to ship, but I know plenty of people who aren't and ship. I am NPIP, but always forget to send the form that states that they're AI and pullorum-typhoid free. I've not ever had a problem. The postal service probably has no idea what NPIP even is. In theory, they could refuse to ship without it, but I've never heard of that happening to anyone. You'll need a shipping box that is USPS approved. My favorite is the Featherex boxes. They're a bit more roomy than the ones made by Horizon, but cost a little more. I put a layer of shavings or straw in the box and some sort of fruit for them to eat-strawberries or watermelon usually-something juicy since you can't send them with water because it would spill. Double and triple check the the address you're sending to is correct and put the buyer's phone number on the outside of the box. I also write "Call this number when box arrives". I write it on at least 2 sides of the box, as big as I can with a black marker. You have to send them via Express Mail. Sometimes you'll be told they'll arrive the following day, but even when they tell you that, it's usually two days later (except for when sending to Louisiana. For whatever reason, it always takes 3 days no matter what part of the state you send them to). You'll want to bring them to the post office on your end as early as possible so that they'll leave that day and not have to wait until the next morning. Wednesday is the latest day of the week I like to send any, but I prefer Monday or Tuesday. If there is a delay for any reason, I don't want them stuck at a post office over the weekend. I also check the weather for where they're going. If their destination is expecting severe weather, I'll wait until it clears out. This won't apply this time of year, but I won't ship if the temperature is expected to be over 90 degrees on either end. So, I make sure the buyer knows ahead of time what day I'm shipping and when to expect them and I get a tracking number so that we both can check on where they are. Be aware that tracking isn't always up to date at all times. There is usually a delay between when the box passes through a checkpoint and is scanned and when you get notice. Then I always ask the buyer to let me know that the birds arrive safely. I've been shipping birds for 7 or 8 years and have never had a problem. All have arrived safely. Hope this helps.

Back
Top Bottom