YO GEORGIANS! :)

OK, so now that the days are getting cooler, I have started back on growing fodder for my chickens. It only takes 7 days to go from seed to feed! And one pound of seed makes 7 pounds of feed! So good and healthy for your chickens! They eat the seed and all! No dirt required....all hydroponically! Here are some pictures:
IMG_0364.jpg
First, I soak my seeds in a bucket of water overnight. I use barley, black oil sunflower seeds (BOSS), or like the in the picture, a Plot (for deer) mix.
IMG_0363.jpg

Then next day, I put the soaked seed mix in a flat (like plants come in but with holes in the bottom for the water to drain). This is day 2.
IMG_0369.jpg
This is the deer plot mix after day 3! It is doing very well. I water these once a day. Keep them in the shade. I am growing mine on a converted dog crate that has tilted shelves so that I just need to water the top and they drain to the other levels.
IMG_0368.jpg

Day 4 of the barley seed fodder. It is growing a little slower than the deer plot seed, but it gets so nice and thick!
photo 2 (10).JPG

The chickens can't wait for it! I just lifted it out of the tray I was growing it in. You see the roots and seeds at the bottom.
photo (7).JPG

You can grow it in anything! Just pock holes in the bottom to drain. These were grown in those fast meal containers!

If you need more info, just ask!

Back
Top Bottom