YO GEORGIANS! :)

What’s your experience been like with SS? Very attractive birds

They're sweet birds and I think they're pretty. Mine seems to fall either in the middle of the pecking order or somehow goes unnoticed because I never see her establishing her position or picking on anyone. She's neutral, lol.
They lay well but aren't overachievers, 5-6 med/large eggs per week.
She's broody right now so I'm about to find out how well she does raising chicks too.

I nothing about this. Just received in a text.
If interested try searching the person on FB.
Screenshot_20200512-085038_Gallery.jpg

Stupid question!

Do your chickens have access to food 24 hours a day? I’m asking because since I moved mine outside they are wasting more food then eating. Hopping in the food trays and scratch it all out, I’m going to build a feeder to help with this but was wondering if I mount it outside the coop versus inside will there be a problem with not eating at night?

Stupid question!

Do your chickens have access to food 24 hours a day? I’m asking because since I moved mine outside they are wasting more food then eating. Hopping in the food trays and scratch it all out, I’m going to build a feeder to help with this but was wondering if I mount it outside the coop versus inside will there be a problem with not eating at night?

They don't eat when it's dark. I have an enclosed run so I leave the food out there but they don't eat until they're awake.

They don't eat when it's dark. I have an enclosed run so I leave the food out there but they don't eat until they're awake.
That’s what I was thinking but since mine just left the brooder I can tell they still are eating at night. I want to put the feeder in the run so I have less mess to clean up in the coop. They are still getting use to the coop versus brooder, so I don’t wanna shock stress them to much.

Mine free feed too until roost time. Once they roost they do not come down to eat or drink. They usually consume the largest amount of food before they roost.
That’s probably where my mess is coming from I was out there last night around 7 and cleaned the mess up, refilled the bowls etc.. So I’m thinking the eat a lot before bed time idea. We are still working on teaching them to come out of the coop on their own (wow slow process), so I don’t wanna starve them.

Back
Top Bottom