YO GEORGIANS! :)

Got some hay in the pen finally!!! The game bantams, silkies, Cochin bantams, quail, & the goose are all hayed down. I've another bale coming in sometime this week to give to the laying hens and rooster.

Wish me luck- going to put my eggs in lockdown. I get so nervous and anxious, I just want them all to hatch and be healthy. Friday at 5:30 is day 21. I won't sleep after tomorrow night, can't take my eyes of the 'bator
tongue.png

Ohh good luck!!

Well, I managed to get the wild children to hold still for some good photos today. Except the twins (twizler and licorice) they were running around like crazy and their pics were the only good two out of about 50 each lol.

Ohh good luck!!

Well, I managed to get the wild children to hold still for some good photos today. Except the twins (twizler and licorice) they were running around like crazy and their pics were the only good two out of about 50 each lol.

Oh so cute! Was Haiden the small one that was so colorful? Look how much they have grown!

Good luck hope a big and healthy hatch for you :)
Thanks! I meant to ask yesterday how you are doing. Hopefully all your gals are getting along and you have no more heartache. I wonder if this weird weather has the birds ill tempered. Mine are pulling feathers and fighting the last few days. I have 4 wk olds that are plucking each other bald on the backs.

Ohh good luck!!

Too cute! Do you take age progression photos of them? I'm trying to do weekly photos of my last hatch and hope to do the same with the ones due this weekend. They grow so fast that I find myself needing/ wanting to do daily shots for the first few weeks

Too cute! Do you take age progression photos of them? I'm trying to do weekly photos of my last hatch and hope to do the same with the ones due this weekend. They grow so fast that I find myself needing/ wanting to do daily shots for the first few weeks

I am going to be doing age progression photos! Because Serama's change colors so much I plan on taking pictures every 7 days to document how they change, how their patterns develop, ect. I can't wait to see what they end up like cause they are all changing so much already. Except Twizler and Licorice lol

Thanks! I meant to ask yesterday how you are doing. Hopefully all your gals are getting along and you have no more heartache. I wonder if this weird weather has the birds ill tempered. Mine are pulling feathers and fighting the last few days. I have 4 wk olds that are plucking each other bald on the backs.
Yikes sorry to hear about the backs. The chicks are too cute. Everyone in the coop is acting like nothing happened and no one is missing. They are probably too busy watching Our Welsummer rooster who has come in to season and is favoring my lead hen (an EE named Bossie). Hope all goes well your way and you can get them to stop picking the backs bare, maybe those aprons would help.

So today I looked at my 22 chicks and according to feather sexing, I have 11 girls, 9 boys and 2 on the border although I am wanting to see girl! Tomorrow I will separate the boys from the girls and put them in different brooders.. Mainly because I don't have enough room in one brooder for all of them anyway. But also because I am anxious to know how accurate I am in guessing the sex of these week old chicks. It will be interesting to know if I can tell. I know feather sexing doesn't always work, but I have also taken into account, tail feather growth, stance and wing shape. I will let you know how my guesses turn out.

Picture of chicks before I separated them.

Picture of one of my favorite frizzled Easter Egger....large fowl! Im pretty sure this one is a girl!

See cute little Naked Neck on left side?! Most all these chicks will lay variations of blue/green eggs. They will be $3 each if anyone wants to get some!

So today I looked at my 22 chicks and according to feather sexing, I have 11 girls, 9 boys and 2 on the border although I am wanting to see girl! Tomorrow I will separate the boys from the girls and put them in different brooders.. Mainly because I don't have enough room in one brooder for all of them anyway. But also because I am anxious to know how accurate I am in guessing the sex of these week old chicks. It will be interesting to know if I can tell. I know feather sexing doesn't always work, but I have also taken into account, tail feather growth, stance and wing shape. I will let you know how my guesses turn out.

Picture of chicks before I separated them.

Picture of one of my favorite frizzled Easter Egger....large fowl! Im pretty sure this one is a girl!

See cute little Naked Neck on left side?! Most all these chicks will lay variations of blue/green eggs. They will be $3 each if anyone wants to get some!
Good luck with your sexing. and the naked neck is cute

Back
Top Bottom