YO GEORGIANS! :)

He's
So sorry. I know how you feel. We lost our Blue copper Marans roo about 5 months ago. Our new roo is only 18 months old....still hasn't gotten many tail feathers! But he carries the green/blue egg gene, so I will be having fun mixing and matching him with hens next spring! Just wish he wasn't white. I like colors in roosters.
He's pretty.

Luthersville, Ga Meriwether county :) so glad to see so many Georgians here!
welcome-byc.gif

I don't know why I keep looking at Craigslist. I'm so tempted to get some more chickens. We already have 24 for now. We'd have to build another coop. I may need a support group.
1f602.png

Yup, I want to add more chickens to my flock as well, even though I don't have anywhere to put them yet. SIGH. Well, we have our support group right here on BYC! At least we don't have to go far for moral support
big_smile.png

Ive been on here for about a year now but din't know there was a Georgia page.

Just a little intro:
I live in Wilkinson County, have about 200 chickens (about 80 layers and 120 Capons for meat)
We free range eggs and have pastured capons. I learned how to caponize about a year ago, got fairly good at it and since then we have never been without some of the best chicken you can find anywhere, waiting in our freezer.

I teamed up with another family in our area that wanted to raise their own meat that was slow grown and more flavorful. We learned to caponize folks excess roosters and have had great success with it.

Anyone else here either in Bibb, Baldwin, Twiggs, or Laurens County?

I have never heard of a hatchery near me. I do think there is one in Perry Georgia I can't recall the name. The farmer that I get my chicks from gets his eggs from the guy that owns the Shoppers Guide in Cochran. 478-934-6047 to the Shoppers guide. I will get with the farmer and see about the next hatch.
Ok...Thanks,

D.L.

So
Yup, I want to add more chickens to my flock as well, even though I don't have anywhere to put them yet. SIGH. Well, we have our support group right here on BYC! At least we don't have to go far for moral support :D
true. That's why I joined BYC. It's nice to be able to talk chicken with people who don't think you're crazy.
1f603.png

Back
Top Bottom