YO GEORGIANS! :)

WOW Lots of new members! WELCOME! Great to have all of you with us.
woot.gif

welcome-byc.gif

Well, I've got a broody Silkie (I'm sure you're all shocked to hear that), so now we've got fertilized silkie eggs on the way from the Garry Farm, and I built a broody coop to keep inside for hatching and initial raising. Wish us luck with a winter hatch!

I wanted to share this pic of my 3 chicks that are inside recovering from being sick - they already seem a lot better, and are so stinkin' cute!! please ignore my hands...they are trashed from too much yard work
hmm.png

I am from appling. Ga
appling county? as in baxley?

I would guess the town of Appling - outside of Augusta. It sits in Columbia County.

Ever notice how our state repeats almost everything? There's a Jackson County (north east of Atlanta), and a Jackson City (where I live - south of Atlanta and the last one inside the 770/404/678 area codes). A Forsyth county (north of Atlanta) and a Forsyth City (just north of Macon). Baldwin County, town of Baldwin. Crawford county, town of Crawford (my favorite, because it's near SPARTA, lol). Evans county, town of Evans. Dawson county, town of Dawsonville. Fayette county, Fayetteville (the only ones in the same location, as far as I know). Franklin county, town of Franklin. Jasper county, town of Jasper.

Since I live near both the town of Forsyth and in the town of Jackson, anytime I post something to Craigslist, I have to explain that I'm NOT on the north side of Atlanta, and it would take those people HOURS to get here! I post in "outside the perimeter - south" but no one pays attention to that part. I started putting BUTTS COUNTY in the ad's title, and I think that finally took care of it.

Last edited:
It does get very confusing sometimes!
My husband and I work for a company that does jobs all over the state, so when being told where our next job will be, I have to make sure that I know which location we're assigned to. We've been assigned to go to Fayette and so I'm thinking it's near Fayetteville. My husband, thankfully, knows the difference and makes sure that I know the difference! lol

Back
Top Bottom