YO GEORGIANS! :)

15 Light Brahmas and possibly the 4 older ducks.  Barely a dent in the bird population but it'll be nice anyway.  And looking to start moving some of the others outside here at the house, getting ready to move them to the farm, too.

I wish I could move some outside at the house; our house is in one of those subdivisions where you can spit in your neighbors kitchen sink from your bedroom. Chickens are very much frowned upon here.

So the guy next door said he used to go to the grain mill down the street and get wheat for his chickens. He says it's really affordable and he knows the owner. Is it a good feed for chickens? Can I use it in the fodder system I'm about to build?
Ab uses wheat berry in her fodder. I don't know how affordable it will be this year since most of the crop was destroyed by the polar vortexes.

I wish I could move some outside at the house; our house is in one of those subdivisions where you can spit in your neighbors kitchen sink from your bedroom. Chickens are very much frowned upon here.
I couldn't live like that. I'd have to buy the houses next to mine and level them for yard space.

Well hopefully you like the hoop coop I helped AB build. Never built one before, but I had a blast either way. Was totally awesome being at yalls place!!!

Back
Top Bottom