YO GEORGIANS! :)

I thought I would post a few pics of our coop now that we've finally finished it.
celebrate.gif

Yes, that is a chicken picture and yes, I've been told I'm a little crazy.
tongue.png

We've still got to build their nesting boxes but we're taking a little breather.
th.gif

So, I have another set of four turkey eggs going into abmaddox's incubators before the weekend (could be six by then). Let's all keep our turkey - coveting fingers crossed that they all do well, along with the couple that are in there and developing already!

I'm also excited to say that my love-hate bird, Peep the extremely obnoxious Guinea hen, laid her first egg today. I was half dissapointed to find that it was not fertile by the EE rooster she's penned with. Because it was a first egg which is supposed to be lucky,
and because I cracked it to check fertility, I ate it. It was yummy.

I thought I would post a few pics of our coop now that we've finally finished it. :celebrate Yes, that is a chicken picture and yes, I've been told I'm a little crazy. :p We've still got to build their nesting boxes but we're taking a little breather. :th
I love your coop! Are the plans something you designed; and would you care to share?! It really is beautiful!

Thank you! We're very proud of ourselves considering how little we know about chicken coops!

I love your coop! Are the plans something you designed; and would you care to share?! It really is beautiful!

Thank you very much! I would be happy to share if we had plans but we just had a very rough pencil sketch along with a vision in our brains! If it's any help, I'll be glad to answer any questions or share information. It's just a ex-horse run-in shed partially converted to a chicken coop. We enclosed half of it for the coop. That was the easiest part. The run was a little harder to figure out since it had to attach to the existing building. Fortunately, I'm married to a very talented man who can build almost anything. I'm in the home decor business so we make a good team. I can design and he can build! He's a pretty good designer, too!

My ideas tend to be bigger than my wallet, hence the re-purposed shed! And of course like many construction projects, we ran over budget!

Thank you! We're very proud of ourselves considering how little we know about chicken coops!

Thank you very much! I would be happy to share if we had plans but we just had a very rough pencil sketch along with a vision in our brains!  If it's any help, I'll be glad to answer any questions or share information. It's just a ex-horse run-in shed partially converted to a chicken coop. We enclosed half of it for the coop. That was the easiest part.  The run was a little harder to figure out since it had to attach to the existing building. Fortunately, I'm married to a very talented man who can build almost anything. I'm in the home decor business so we make a good team. I can design and he can build! He's a pretty good designer, too!

My ideas tend to be bigger than my wallet, hence the re-purposed shed! And of course like many construction projects, we ran over budget!

That's almost exactly how me and my DH are.. I come up with the rough idea. He plans it. I critique. And the next builds it with me helping a bit and our boys being tool/nail gophers.

Back
Top Bottom