YO GEORGIANS! :)

I found 2 ads for cpg. One is flipflop ranch in California and the other one is in Texas. Is there something I am overlooking? I don't see a list for breeders, just ads.

Since I use mobile it may be different. On the left side there should be a search menu. There are only 3 or 4 registered breeders. Flip Flop is one and there are 2 I know of in Texas. Give me a minute and I'll have CR pm you, he found them for me.

The Polish coop and run are done at last. I only have happy landscaping puttering here and there to do.

Fred was introduced to his new home today and he is not too sure about it.

The two babies where a bit overwhelmed. One sat at one end where I sat her down by their water nipples.

The other sat down near their feeder under the coop.

I know in no time everyone will get used to the new space and there will not b one speck of green to be found. If you want to see the start to finish of the coop it's on my page: patersonspoultryplantation.com

Last edited:
The Polish coop and run are done at last. I only have happy landscaping puttering here and there to do.

Fred was introduced to his new home today and he is not too sure about it.
Beautiful! Now that my chickens are now confined to the back woods area, I hope I can landscape around my coop, too!

For laying hens? I read feed starter until they start laying.

I know with dogs slow growth is always better, and I always switch pups to adult food at 3-4 months. But adult dog food has LESS protein and such than pup food, whereas laying food has a lot MORE than starter.

My 10 week old chicks and also the adult bantams are all on starter feed and will stay on it for a while (has meds too which is good as the adult bantams are being exposed to a new environment).

Having said that I have never heard of "finishing feed". Is that for meat birds? The word "finishing" suggests end/meat and not feed for adolescent layers.
I stop the starter feed at 8 weeks and go to grower feed. The starter feed has too much protein. It can lead to the chick growing too fast and the bones/muscle tissue can't keep up. You end up with lame chickens. It also makes the chicken mature too early and can cause egg laying problems.

Back
Top Bottom