YO GEORGIANS! :)

OH! I so totally didn't think about that. I would end up in traction if I tried that move. Perhaps it's better that I let that horse go to another home.

I say this often, but oh how I wish we had a real fence at the farm!! I can't do a back flip either,but I would sure as heck try for that horse!

1st zoo turkey egg has hatched.
celebrate.gif

As ChickDancer mentioned, I have Narragansetts. I have eggs in the incubator due on the 11th. Depending on how many hatch, I may be able to find a ride for a poult or two to your neck of the woods. My oldest assistant zookeeper has her summer job down there, and she'll be home for visits occasionally. She won't mind an extra passenger on the way back, I bet.
That would be awesome. It would be awesome raising thanksgiving dinner. Let me know what I need to do to make this happen. We usually only cook a 12-15lb turkey anyway.

YAY!
How many are you expecting to hatch?
After the turner failure and the switch to an incubator that had JUST been turned on ... I was shocked that this one hatched. :( Stupid turner failed and the only other turner that I had available didn't fit that incubator. I think I may have to consider the ole hand-turning thing next time I set eggs. :(

After the turner failure and the switch to an incubator that had JUST been turned on ... I was shocked that this one hatched.  :(  Stupid turner failed and the only other turner that I had available didn't fit that incubator.  I think I may have to consider the ole hand-turning thing next time I set eggs.  :(

Some people just tilt the whole incubator when the turner doesn't work. Keep the eggs in the turner, but put books or whatever under one side of the bator. Depends on how you do your water for humidity.

GAH! Curse the nieces and nephews for taking another thing of mine. This time it's the video camera, which I was just looking for to get a video of the geese and ducks playing in their freshly-cleaned-and-filled pool. It's one of those vinyl-bottom, flimsy-sided pools that collapses on itself easily when it's not full. So I had to fight them all morning to stop STANDING on those flimsy sides to get it to actually fill up. They wanted to play in whatever water was in there right then!

But once it filled up, and I called them over to it, they were splashing, diving, and playing all crazy kinds of ways! The funniest though was when the geese dove the front half of their bodies down, like they were foraging or looking for fish, and they didn't have the right balance so they continued to flip over until they were belly up! Suddenly you saw a head poke back up from the water, and then they rolled sideways to straight up again, lol! Oh but I wish I could SHOW YOU ALL, instead of just posting about it. Grrrr!

Back
Top Bottom