YO GEORGIANS! :)

Just to note, my husband is brilliant and I adore him and he didn't require any training! LOL He was though raised by his mother and grandmother and he is just amazing.

He has a shed almost built so we can turn it into a chicken coop tomorrow! Really excited about it. I get to shuffle all our chickens/ducks around tomorrow and more room for them all!

We got a second Maran egg today! None from our TSC pullets yet @valleychicks but I hope when our chickens have more roosting space they will feel more like starting to lay eggs like yours! (Though hopefully with shells..... that is weird!)

Does anyone think this egg might be too pourus to put in the incubator?

Thanks to everyone who "liked" the daylily page. If you plan to go visit there, be sure to make it within the next week or two before the daylilies stop blooming! It is just so pretty.

I suspect upper respiratory infection in a few of my chickens. I have read to treat with injectable tylan 50. Do I treat all birds or just the ones showing symptoms? I asked in a health thread, but no response yet.

It's 1:10 am and all is well. I hope you are all sleeping well.
I was awake fretting over how to arrange the new coop.

There ought to be a better way to get square footage while reducing the footprint in the run, saving more green space. Why on earth are those dogs barking? What am I going to do about the 10 extra Orps I now have coming? They're not going to fit in the old coop or the new coop. Bananas. Maybe I can turn my hubby's old barn into a chicken palace? Grrrrrr.... stupid mutts! Do I want Chocolate or Partridge? Decisions, decisions. I really should go downstairs and check the incubator to see if the temp is holding steady. Zucchini. Zucchini. Zucchini. Zucchini running out my ears. If I get the Partridge, I can cross it with the Cuckoos to make Creles. Chocolates are prettier though. Dammit dogs, SHUT UP!!! Raindrops on roses and whiskers on kittens. Bright copper kettles and warm woolen mittens...

Back
Top Bottom