YO GEORGIANS! :)

The grass went to dirt and then we just started putting grass clippings in and then shavings. It is HORRIBLE with flies in there. I just don't get it.

If any of you are ever by this way and want to help me figure out what I am doing wrong with that coop please let me know! I am in Thomson.

I love their coloring and the way their feather pattern is looks similar to our Cinnamon's. Maybe when she gets a little more feathers she will start laying again. This is our Cinnamon and I have no clue as to her breed. She is a big girl. Her feet are gold/black/gray just like her feathers but they look almost green on this picture.
looks like a black Sexlink. They can have varying amounts of black and gold, they usually just have gold on their neck and chest. But, I have seen some pictures of one's that where almost all gold. I used to hatch out solid black hens when I had a Dominique in my mottled Ancona pen. It depends on the breed(s) used. For the black Sexlink, you need non barred (non white) makes and barred females. Most commonly a RIR over barred rock. A red/gold Sexlink is red (buff for gold) rooster over silver hens, commonly RIR over Delaware. There is a thread with charts if you want to learn more. :) https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/261208/sex-linked-information

looks like a black Sexlink. They can have varying amounts of black and gold, they usually just have gold on their neck and chest. But, I have seen some pictures of one's that where almost all gold. I used to hatch out solid black hens when I had a Dominique in my mottled Ancona pen.
It depends on the breed(s) used. For the black Sexlink, you need non barred (non white) makes and barred females. Most commonly a RIR over barred rock.
A red/gold Sexlink is red (buff for gold) rooster over silver hens, commonly RIR over Delaware. There is a thread with charts if you want to learn more.
smile.png

https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/261208/sex-linked-information

Was that the chick that came out of TCS that I got my black sexlink pullets?
@valleychicks

Back
Top Bottom