YO GEORGIANS! :)

Sad day today. Ended up losing one of our dogs. Lexi was having problems with blood in her urine. After months of trying different antibiotics, the vets decided it had to be worst than just a bladder infection. We chose exploratory surgery. They found an inoperative tumor. The prognosis was not good. They said her problems would only get worse and she would only live another few months no matter what we did. We called our daughter, who had Lexi for years until she moved to NYC (and couldn't have a dog where she lived). After many tears, the heart wrenching decision was made to put her to sleep. She was 13. She was family and will be missed very much!

Lexi, with daughter, Brooke
This picture is sweet. I'm so sorry for your loss.

For those that sell their eggs, do you sell just the Large Grade A or do you also sell the medium and small sized eggs? Personally I love using the small eggs too but I didn't know others are actually interested in buying anything other than the large.

For those that sell their eggs, do you sell just the Large Grade A or do you also sell the medium and small sized eggs? Personally I love using the small eggs too but I didn't know others are actually interested in buying anything other than the large. 

I sell a carton of "pullet" eggs for half price. I think I have good luck with them because they are different colors. People have commented on how cute they were and I always remind them that they are a great choice for kids. (Kid size eggs).

I haven't started selling my small eggs. Just giving them away right now since they are small eggs. I usually get random comments about how small my eggs are from people who only know store bought eggs.

I'll use the 'pullet eggs' and good for kids explanation from now on.

Speaking of store bought eggs. How do they get large grade A eggs. I thought they only kept chickens for about 2 years. If the first year they are small what happens to those eggs for the first year. I never see small eggs in the store(only medium).

Got the chick from Anne in Cumming. She has awesome chicks (IMO). She charges $10 a chick, but they are vaccinated and she guarantees the sex chick you want. She will not sell her chicks until they are at least a week old to make sure they are healthy. The hen who laid that egg has a beard and has Marans in her....so EE x Marans.

She has chicks that lay any color egg you might want. She is always on Craiglist.
Is she the one off Post rd? I may get some from her in the spring

Nah... I was picking up the turkey to see how much she weighed for Thanksgiving. I can't say I blame her. lol. And I was holding the goose so GAM could take pictures. He got his wings free and started flapping. The hard part of his wing was hitting me on the back of the neck in just the right spot to make that tingly feeling.
Don't you hate when you get wing flapped... What is worse is when they've been dust bathing.

I got pictures of our three Easter Eggers today.

We call her Adele. I discovered today that she is the one laying the sage green egg. She has the puffy cheeks, beard and green feet. Her coloring looked like a chipmunk when she was a chick. She looked like she had a lot of eyeliner on so our daughter said to call her Adele. LOL!

This is Molly she is the Easter Egger, Old English Game mix. No puffy cheeks. Her feet are a slate blue color and she lays a blue/green egg.

This is Gennie our Easter Egger that has puffy cheeks a slight beard and gray/green feet. She hasn't started laying yet. She is a week or two behind the others in age. She keeps flying to the top of the fence and I'm scared she will get out. This one and the white EE were given to me by our neighbor a little over a month ago.

Adele looks like Cinnamon, very pretty birds

Back
Top Bottom