YO GEORGIANS! :)

Cute! What breeds?
From top to bottom: Light Brahma (Columbia), Brahma/Production Red cross (Magenta), and Marens of some sort (Riffraff). They were straight run, and I have a feeling the Marens is a boy, but hope springs eternal.
fl.gif

Anyone near Savannah have any green or blue (or any color besides white, cream or tan) eggs for sale or trade? Or know where I can get some? I don't know where anything is down here. LoL

I am near Savannah and have had a really tough time finding much nearby. I have an ameraucana roo who has recently come of age. He is with an assortment of girls, most of which are not laying yet. The ones who should be laying are doing some serious slacking. Please share if you find anything.

Last edited:
I am near Savannah and have had a really tough time finding much nearby. I have an ameraucana roo who has recently come of age. He is with an assortment of girls, most of which are not laying yet. The ones who should be laying are doing some serious slacking. Please share if you find anything.

Bummer. If I don't find anything down here soon, I may take a trip back to SC and try my luck there. I would rather not have shipped eggs. :(

Bummer. If I don't find anything down here soon, I may take a trip back to SC and try my luck there. I would rather not have shipped eggs. :(

Go hang out at your local feed store. As people buy their chicken feed, just be friendly and ask what kind of chickens they have. You will be surprised at how many chickens are around you and how willing people are willing to help you.

Anyone near Savannah have any green or blue (or any color besides white, cream or tan) eggs for sale or trade? Or know where I can get some? I don't know where anything is down here. LoL

My friend has cream Legbars in Savannah, but they will not start laying until spring. She has a few pullets and a roo.

Go hang out at your local feed store. As people buy their chicken feed, just be friendly and ask what kind of chickens they have. You will be surprised at how many chickens are around you and how willing people are willing to help you.

That is a great idea! I just found out where the nearest Tractor Supply is. That might be a good way to meet some new friends here, too! :)

Back
Top Bottom