YO GEORGIANS! :)

Had a nice time today at the Thomson Chicken Swap today! 4 Hens got new homes and we came home with a Bunnicula Bunny!

We also found two sneaky nests the hens have been hiding from us:

My Dad really wants us to get Turkeys in the spring. (He will help process them when he visits over Christmas next year!) but I know nothing about turkeys..... we free range our chickens, could we free range them too?

So it appears my brahma has hit a growth spurt. Two weeks ago it looked like a little wimpy chick. Now it is the same size as my 10 week old chicks and is starting to look like a brahma.

DO NOT BUY THOSE TSC TRAPS!

I repeat do not buy TSC traps. They are lightweight pieces of junk that will not hold what it catches. I have trapped for a living for the last ten years i know traps and trapping. Every TSC trap of my experience has been ripped open by raccoons and armadillos (from the inside to get free) or dog, coyotes and raccoons (from the outside to get to the trapped opossum, cat or squirrel inside) often on the very first catch but never later than the third.
Not only will you waste your money but you'll educate animals on how to defeat traps.
The next level up is light duty traps at homecheapo/loweball/wallyworld but we in the business call them havajunk trap for a reason. They used to be solid traps, twenty years ago, but now need strengthening and reinforcing right out of the box but can work for light duty use but NEVER EVER FOR ARMADILLOS.
Now if you want to get good traps look for safeguard or tomahawk. Safeguard has standard and pro models, as does tomahawk. Other quality brands include Duke and Williams.

The best bar none is made right here in Moultrie, Georgia. Pricey but I feed my family with my traps.

www.advancedtrap.com

I could be wrong but after catching a stray cat and a squirrel they seem to work.

You haven't caught any armadillos have you? Raccoons aren't slouches either.

They may be fine for cats, opossums and kitten coon but one passed mama coon wanting to return to her babies or one average diller and you have a mangled trap.

I average a hundred or so dillers and coons a year and my traps have to take abuse the TSC/Little Giant and Havajunk traps can not handle. Even Safeguards and Tomahawks require regular repairs to stay on the truck.

I never said my intention was to purchase the trap to catch a chupacabra. I just was curious to see what i'd catch sneaking around my coop at night. I spent $20.00 and in 2 weeks have answered my question. Well worth the money spent. Plus you should have seen the cat run like the devil with my dog on her heels. That was worth $20.00 alone.

Back
Top Bottom