YO GEORGIANS! :)

Hey ya'll! :)

I know, I know - I have been totally MIA and am likely to go that way again, but it's almost SPRING. And you know what that means... LOL

I'm expecting 8 chicks from Meyer Hatchery in Feb. 5 silver gray dorkings (because after buying all those last year, I never got a male! And I love my two females! So I ordered FIVE males LOL Surely one will make it? And we can eat the rest?), 1 black copper marans (because, like an idiot, I butchered all of our marans males. DUH.) And 2 welsummer pullets - to go with my one welsummer roo that hatched last year.

Also debating sticking some eggs in the incubator. Could do some OEs with my EEs and Welsummer. Still debating.

Hope everyone is doing great and had a good 2014. :) We ended up with I believe 64 chickens and butchered 21. Sold a few, too. We're down to 27 now. For a couple of weeks, anyway ;-)

The whizbang plucker ROCKS, by the way!

Hey! Glad you are back. Don't know if you have been reading the thread, but there is going to be a huge Buy, Sell, Trade chicken event on Feb 14th. at the Tractor Supply in McDonough. A lot of us are going and taking our chicks, chickens, small animals, hatching and eating eggs, etc.

Hey! Glad you are back. Don't know if you have been reading the thread, but there is going to be a huge Buy, Sell, Trade chicken event on Feb 14th. at the Tractor Supply in McDonough. A lot of us are going and taking our chicks, chickens, small animals, hatching and eating eggs, etc.

Very cool! I think it took me TWO HOURS to drive down there that time though! And I'd probably come home with a bunch of rabbits, which I don't think the Handsome Husband would appreciate. :) And hatching eggs. You KNOW I'd bring home a bunch of eggs.

Came home tonight to pips! Yay!!

The chicksicles seem fine on the porch.. They were all asleep when we got here and not panting anymore.. Also not directly under the light so I assume the temp is comfy enough. :)

Hey carcar ... those pterodactyls I got from you have moved to the garage. Now the hardening off begins and they'll be at the farm before too much longer.

Back
Top Bottom