YO GEORGIANS! :)

Need to get rid of chickens FAST. Long, long story short; I'm moving, and have realized that I can only take around half of my birds. THAT MEANS THE REST HAVE TO GO BEFORE FRIDAY.
Selling them super cheap! I have:
two ameraucana hens, and easter egger hen, and easter egger rooster, a cochin rooster, an ameraucana rooster, and a barred easter egger rooster that have to go ASAP. ages range from 7 weeks to 3 1/2 years. AM hens lay between 3-5 eggs a week, don't even know if the EE is laying. please just take them!

That is so sad! If you still have them, and are within reasonable distance, I am interested.

On another note, if anyone has any extra wyandottes, roos included, let me know please :)

Remember the birds lungs are on the top towards the back bone, so when upside down all of the organ weight is on the lungs and makes it hard for them to breathe so suffocation is a real possibility if held in this position too long, how long is too long you all ask, Dunno

I have held them many a time , i.m a nurse and have seen no respiratory distress, What this does it lets the rooster know who the dominant one on the yard is and it humuliates him in front of the hens, Would essentially be like humans whose lungs are toward the backbone and diaphragm , all your other organs underneath, yet we see people standing on their heads, getting on the boards and flick themselves upside down for back problems and brain perfusion. This is only my reasoning and based on my experience with my own roosters. I have never had one that remained aggressive after the holding upside down for a couple of times, i do it gently and i never hit at one as this will only make them want to fight.

Need to get rid of chickens FAST. Long, long story short; I'm moving, and have realized that I can only take around half of my birds. THAT MEANS THE REST HAVE TO GO BEFORE FRIDAY.
Selling them super cheap! I have:
two ameraucana hens, and easter egger hen, and easter egger rooster, a cochin rooster, an ameraucana rooster, and a barred easter egger rooster that have to go ASAP. ages range from 7 weeks to 3 1/2 years. AM hens lay between 3-5 eggs a week, don't even know if the EE is laying. please just take them!

Location?

We have a large creek on our farm that is in major flood stage! It is not far from my chicken coop so I went to check on the chickens and guess what I found? Barred rock feathers littered the entire coop, and my barred rock hen was nowhere to be found.
hit.gif

Back
Top Bottom