YO GEORGIANS! :)

The shows are a good place to meet poultry people and especially on the breeds you are interested in They can give you good pointers and advice Pay attention to what they have to say Its worth every minute

. So my little adoptees seem to be doing well. Can't understand why someone would just leave them.

So my hatch is hatching. So far 11 out. Here's the weird thing. At lockdown, I put the 26 eggs in two cut down egg cartons. (Plus 2 extra- for those of you who were doing the math! LOL) (I love this method). I put my eggs in the carton on the left side of the incubator and my friends eggs on the right side. All but one of the chicks that have hatched so far are mine. (from the left side of the incubator) Only one has hatched from the right side. I don't know whether it is because my friends eggs are Golden Cuckoo Marans (dark brown eggs = thicker coating of brown = thicker shell), or if that side of the incubator is that much different from the left side, or could it be parent quality??? I am going to feel really really bad if all my chicks hatch and only one of theirs!
idunno.gif

But, here is an exciting thing! One of my Naked Neck eggs hatched a silvery&yellow NN with dad's (Brahma) feathered feet! Should be very interesting. Can't wait to see how it grows out! And, should be a green egg layer. Will post photos of the chicks when it is all over with and they fluff up!

Back
Top Bottom