YO GEORGIANS! :)

So cute, I've wanted 2 ducks for awhile to, this year hubby will look in to my brooder and probably ask what breed the funny looking chickens are with webbed feet and can I fix that lol. I already know my response...they are special babies dont make fun of them for their differences or they will get a complex. I plan for the same when he sees the baby turkeys I also want to pick up. Sooo hoping for s good turn out tomorrow at TSC swap.

Last edited:
I have an announcement for you my fine friends, for those of you going to the TSC swap on saturday, I will still be sniffley but not contagious,  I went to the doc to day and tested positive for strep  thought it was the flu, nope a new strain of strep that starts like the flu, throat not sore but they said oh it will be by tonight, told doc I can't be sick I have to go get chickens!!! So I asked for a shot yep me so on meds and butt loaded up with antibotics.  Your welcome no problem glad to do it, so tomorrow I'm contagious but not saturday so that is a good thing.!!! Ok I'm going to bed now I really don't feel good, butt is a little sore, thanks for asking  :lol:
Hope you feel better. The sun is supposed to be with us tomorrow, but it's still going to be cold in the morning. Ill be there earlier rather than later, hoping the babies I want will be to.

I have a question on that 70+% humidity ... what type of measure is that? If that is a relative humidity measurement (depending on method), that seems too high for non-water fowl eggs.

Last edited:
A colleague of the husband's has asked me for references/contacts because he's looking to buy some chicks. His daughter just texted me because she knows I talk about y'all and the chickens often. They're in PTC/Sharpsburg area, so not sure how far they'll drive or if meeting is possible. I passed on word about the swap meet at McDonough on Saturday, too. I think the only # I have is for GAM and won't pass on anyone's # without direct permission. If anyone has chicks available or are hatching soon, please PM me your contact info and I will be glad to pass it on to them. They're good peeps.

Thank you in advance.
big_smile.png

Hi all, was just reading and I see I have quite a few neighbors on here. I'm very close to Oakwood, I border Jefferson and Arcade with current flock of 20 chicks ranging from 1 week to 3 weeks and 6 Nov pullets... I'm getting ready to rebuild my coop... Weather permits I pray.

Hi everybody. I will get my 1st 3 chicks next week. I decided on Golden Comet, Road Island Red & a Barred Rock. Week after I will get a Speckled Sussex & Silver Lace Wyandotte. I wanted an Ameraucana but they won't be available until the 3rd week in March

Bummer, all new chicks doing great except my White Leghorn chick.  I'm pretty sure she won't make it.  There goes my Super Blue Egg layers plan!

I've been out of town. I'm still hoping to bring you some eggs to split the hatch! Ameracana roo over ameraucana and white leghorn. Hopefully hatch some SBEL!

Back
Top Bottom