YO GEORGIANS! :)

welcome-byc.gif

Rent a chicken for the Atlanta area, Delivery and set-up for two laying chickens is $400.00 April/May to Oct./Nov. 100 lb of feed, feeder, water dish and more, for 4 laying chickens it is $ 600.00 with 200 lb of seed.

Robo or those with a farm or alot of land can inquire and get a possible franchise if interested.

They also started hatch-a- chick but closet franchise is N.C. not in Atlanta area yet. Again franchise is available
That is crazy.

There is a thing called Fowl Pox. It is a virus caused by insects such as mosquitoes. It causes scabby sores. Can be a mild case or bad case. Maybe that is what it was?

I agree, it looks like fowl pox. I think they are immune once it passes.
I think you folks are correct form the research I've done and it seems it can cause respiratory problems in some cases but is not contagious.

Hope everyone had a happy Easter! Stanley's big scab is covered with the blu-kote again and I kept them separated for the day again and so we start over. LOL No pecking at the scab and I'll be going to check out the stuff at TSC tomorrow.
Now, I noticed this orange stuff all over the ground the last couple of days, from the rain. It looked like someone dumped diced carrots in the chicken yard overnight. Weird. So, I tried to scoop out most of it, but it was impossible to get rid of it all. I know the birds were pecking at it so I'm sure they all ate some. Most of all, Big ol Stanley. He had himself a feast on it. And, again it happened last night. This morning, I notice the stuff is ALL OVER the Eastern Red Cedar Trees that are right next to their yard. Globs up the trunk, in the branches, needles. Never seen it before, seems like it showed up overnight. So,I googled. This is what it is:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gymnosporangium_juniperi-virginianae

Cedar Apple Rust. A gross looking fungal disease. And apparently, the orange goopy carrot crud, is the spores dropping.
barnie.gif
It's on at least 7 of the trees on that side of the property. Can't seem to find anything that tells whether it's poisonous, but it's a fungus, so this can't be good. Right?

None of the DH's chain saws work at the moment, but I'll be calling his ex-partner tomorrow to see if he can bring his over this week and help take the tree down. It needed to go anyway. In the meantime, has ANYONE ever seen this freaky stuff before? Know how to eradicate it or if it's a threat to the birds or not? My assumption is unless it's a mushroom, no living thing needs to be eating this fungus.
lol.png

Back
Top Bottom