YO GEORGIANS! :)

Suh-Weet! Did the lady ever contact you that I sent your way?
Not yet.

So, out of eight shipped bantam frizzle Cochin eggs, two have made it to lockdown. The wrong-end air cell one ended up quitting about halfway through.

However, these two look fantastic! Day 18 and they are pressing up on the air cells which are perfectly intact/shaped. I do think I'll hatch them in a carton.

Maybe.. JUST MAYBE.. One will be a frizzle. And a cockerel, at that. Not sure I've ever HOPED for a cockerel before!

My dozen BBS Cochin eggs that came yesterday from Maine were all intact. Hubby complained via text that they were "almost completely round" and he could hardly tell which end was up, but when I got home it really wasn't that bad. Which I had hoped. They're just a bit squatty.

The air cells are completely scrambled, though, so I guess I'll not turn them the first few days and see how they shape up.
smile.png
I've started something new when I have detached air cells ... still do the first 24 hours of complete rest. Then I turn them for 24 hours in a turner from one of the strofoam incubators. (They don't turn as far as the cabinet does.) Then they go in the cabinet.

I was looking at Axel, which means either "father of peace" or "my father is peace" ... then this morning I changed the wording to "... been through the desert on a horse with no name..." to "... with a dog with no name..." ... then the song "You Can Call Me Al" came into my head.  This poor dog is never going to get a name.  LMBO!  (And I am inching closer to needing therapy)

I have officially abandoned the Norse Mythology theme.  All of the names with great stories are no good for dog names and the names that are good are either over-used or have terrible stories attached to them.  

I've had people asking me for BRs so keep me posted and I will send them your way when you have some.
Axel is the best!!!! But maybe cuz I was a huge Guns N Roses fan in hs. Or maybe because my best friend named one of her cats Axl Rose.
Oh, and thanks for getting "You Can Call Me Al" stuck in my head. I tried to skim past it but it stuck. Lol
I love coming up with names for things. So I found this site last night:
www.20000-names.com

Edit to add: i usually go for ridiculous or funny (to me). I still want a rooster named Dick, but the dh is not warming uo to that idea at all. He's too civilized and well behaved.

Last edited:
Axel is the best!!!! But maybe cuz I was a huge Guns N Roses fan in hs. Or maybe because my best friend named one of her cats Axl Rose.
Oh, and thanks for getting "You Can Call Me Al" stuck in my head. I tried to skim past it but it stuck. Lol
www.20000-names.com

Edit to add: i usually go for ridiculous or funny (to me). I still want a rooster named Dick, but the dh is not warming uo to that idea at all. He's too civilized and well behaved.

We've got some odd names at the farm ... our tom, Hanks. Ducks named things like Duxter and Sauce. Turkeys named Thanksgiving and Christmas (though we ate them in reverse order). The boy child mentioned something about a character in The Walking Dead named Axel. I have to take his word for that since I don't watch the show.

And because I love you so ... http://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/paulsimon/youcancallmeal.html

I was looking at Axel, which means either "father of peace" or "my father is peace" ... then this morning I changed the wording to "... been through the desert on a horse with no name..." to "... with a dog with no name..." ... then the song "You Can Call Me Al" came into my head.  This poor dog is never going to get a name.  LMBO!  (And I am inching closer to needing therapy)

I have officially abandoned the Norse Mythology theme.  All of the names with great stories are no good for dog names and the names that are good are either over-used or have terrible stories attached to them.  

I've had people asking me for BRs so keep me posted and I will send them your way when you have some.
www.20000-names.com

I walked in and called him Axel Foley yesterday. I figured that would be the end of that name.

DANG it!!! Just heard a fuss at the bantam coop.. Looked out the window to see the SAME big white dog that broke into it a couple months back- and this time he has a new, BIGGER hound dog friend with him.
1f621.png
1f621.png
1f621.png

And what kills me is that I never think to "kill them with kindness".. I let my anger take over and I yell at them and scare them off. I've gone out now and put a bowl of kibble into an empty chain link kennel.. I pray they'll come back today.

DANG it!!! Just heard a fuss at the bantam coop.. Looked out the window to see the SAME big white dog that broke into it a couple months back- and this time he has a new, BIGGER hound dog friend with him.
1f621.png
1f621.png
1f621.png

And what kills me is that I never think to "kill them with kindness".. I let my anger take over and I yell at them and scare them off. I've gone out now and put a bowl of kibble into an empty chain link kennel.. I pray they'll come back today.

That would be great ... catch them and call AC

Yeah.. GOSH I have this same afterthought every time!! LOL. Ooh!! They're still in the street. I wish they'd come all the way down the drive. They left through the back way.

1f621.png
1f621.png
1f621.png

Yikes. Good luck catching them!

Back
Top Bottom