YO GEORGIANS! :)

The leaves and vine of kudzu have a long history in ancient Chinese medicine.  The blossoms for jelly ... you steep them like a tea (equal parts blossoms to hot water) for a minimum of 8 hours.  Then add sugar, lemon juice, and pectin.  

I only steeped mine for 5 minutes! There is a good recipe for kudzu wine, too. Take safes weeks though.

so, I've been playing around with foods you can find in the woods.  Today I made some Kudzu flower tea.  Really good!  Tastes like watered down grapes!  So, tomorrow will be kudzu quiche,  I also made some Purslane weed topped with cheese.  It's not much different from turnips and stuff like that.  Very interesting stuff out there!

On a chicken note, a few of the renters asked me how much I would sell some of my chickens for.  I told them I didn't have any for sale right now.  The couple looked at me like I was the most selfish person in the world.  Said they lost all their chickens to hawks and raccoons and they wanted some more laying hens.  I'm sorry, they aren't for sale.  The lady gave me 'the look'.  I guess she thought I had more than enough and was just some greedy person.  TS!

No rain here..  No wind... just another day.  And, I;m thankful for everyday!
It sounds like they need to work on constructing a safe place to keep chickens . I am with you , I couldn't have sold any of my girls to go to a home like that .

I only steeped mine for 5 minutes! There is a good recipe for kudzu wine, too. Take safes weeks though.
I am reading this in amazement, you can use Kudzu for somthing other than a good work out digging it up and burning in hopes it will never return in your gardens . The blooms of squash are wonderful, now I will have to give kudzu blooms a try . And the tea as well .

Kudzu...! who would have believed it. We will have to give it a try. We are always on the lookout for things that are healthful, tasty and help us remain as self sufficient and prepared for "whatever" as possible...as you can see from this latest project.

Yep...it's a genuine old fashioned outhouse. It's a LOT nicer than the ones when I was growing up I was six years old before I ever saw an inside bathroom. Since these pics were taken I have added a small solar panel outside and an LED light inside. Hope we never have to use it but if we do it's ready and available. I often wonder how many other "preppers" are on this site....?

Kudzu...! who would have believed it. We will have to give it a try. We are always on the lookout for things that are healthful, tasty and help us remain as self sufficient and prepared for "whatever" as possible...as you can see from this latest project.

Yep...it's a genuine old fashioned outhouse. It's a LOT nicer than the ones when I was growing up I was six years old before I ever saw an inside bathroom. Since these pics were taken I have added a small solar panel outside and an LED light inside. Hope we never have to use it but if we do it's ready and available. I often wonder how many other "preppers" are on this site....?
I love it. Years ago I bought a place with a outhouse. It had a thick mat of Granddaddy Spiders aka Daddy Longlegs on the ceiling and walls, at least 2 inches thick. Yours is the Taj Majal compared to that one, lol. My sons just walk outside to pee I wish we had this outside our house maybe my bathroom would not look like a herd of boys use it.

I love it. Years ago I bought a place with a outhouse. It had a thick mat of Granddaddy Spiders aka Daddy Longlegs on the ceiling and walls, at least 2 inches thick. Yours is the Taj Majal compared to that one, lol. My sons just walk outside to pee I wish we had this outside our house maybe my bathroom would not look like a herd of boys use it.
It's pretty quick and easy to build...I didn't use any plans, just built what I wanted. It's 4 X 4 and the outside is just plywood siding with OSB covered with asphalt shingles on the top.

So GAM started a new program yesterday. She calls it Cats for Ducks. Her first sucker.... er.. I mean customer was Katsdar. She got two kittens out of the deal. If there are any additional patsies... er I mean interested parties contact us and we will gladly set you up with a couple of kittens in exchange for ducks and/or chickens. K thanks.

Back
Top Bottom