YO GEORGIANS! :)

I'm alive it's been busy for sure I now have 2 coops and also building 3 bird cages for my quail. Then comes number 3 coop!! Lol didn't know that my easter clutch would grow so fast then my Dutch ie had another clutch hatch it's been a fun time here with birdspecies lol but I love it
Welcome back! I was wondering if you had flown the coop or something. I'm waaaaay behind on my projects, so hats off to you for getting yours done.
What in the wild world of sports is going on?! @brucifer and I have been gone all day and there are no more posts?!

Thank you and Lisa for meeting me and surprising me with the Crele Orpington! She is beautiful, and to fit in with my Downton Abbey motif will be named Mrs. Patmore.
Side note: @ronnhill7 I believe that someone is in cahoots to get me in trouble with too many birds. Obviously my saying that I only had 15 was a challenge to the message board. Well, I now have "only" 17. :yesss:

I also expected 5 replacement eggs from my last batch I had purchased but got a dozen, so I'll be cramming my two incubators full and waiting to candle to check for fertility. For anyone on hatch watch, there are 11 solid white polish, 5 chocolate/cuckoo orpingtons, 3 isbars, and 4 jill rees cream legbars. This is two more than my Maxi and Mini will hold. I bought the mini on sale this past weekend from Brinsea to use for small runs and/or to be used as a rescue unit.

You just gotta laugh when you're driving down the highway with 3 kids, 2 birds and a dozen hatching eggs on the way to pick up your new incubator from the FedEx store. :lau
Yup, you have the chicken disease bad, and with an enabling husband, no telling how many chickens and other fowl you'll end up with. If I were a betting man, this would be a very fun game. :lol:
@livhatcher Sounds like an awesome car ride to me.

Hubby has the t-posts sunk and leveled. We are waiting in Amazon to deliver the hardware cloth. Even with prime, we have to wait until the 8th. I can't wait until the gals get in their new run. We will have enough to lay a perimeter in the ground and cover the top. Pesky hawks, raccoons, foxes and a random coyote every now and then.

I should have plenty of room to expand the flock next year :) May have to borrow someone's rooster for a little extra duty :lau
And here's yet another person with an enabling husband.:thBorrow a rooster? Why borrow when you can have a rooster!? I have several models to choose from and in a variety of colors. All FREE! LOL!

I'm certain that some of us will give you a rooster............
I fully agree!:old

Ok so thought I'd let y'all know I have another coop project going on...lol yes another!! All I'm gonna say is look at the before pics....oh my!

Attachments

• 20170529_102924.jpg
    20170529_102924.jpg
    403.3 KB · Views: 4
  • 20170529_102939.jpg
    20170529_102939.jpg
    337.8 KB · Views: 4
  • 20170529_102947.jpg
    20170529_102947.jpg
    437.2 KB · Views: 4
  • 20170529_102956.jpg
    20170529_102956.jpg
    277.3 KB · Views: 4
  • 20170529_102958.jpg
    20170529_102958.jpg
    262.9 KB · Views: 4
  • 20170529_103001.jpg
    20170529_103001.jpg
    344.9 KB · Views: 4
  • 20170529_103017.jpg
    20170529_103017.jpg
    217.2 KB · Views: 4
  • 20170529_103030.jpg
    20170529_103030.jpg
    228.5 KB · Views: 4
What in the wild world of sports is going on?! @brucifer and I have been gone all day and there are no more posts?!

Thank you and Lisa for meeting me and surprising me with the Crele Orpington! She is beautiful, and to fit in with my Downton Abbey motif will be named Mrs. Patmore.
Side note: @ronnhill7 I believe that someone is in cahoots to get me in trouble with too many birds. Obviously my saying that I only had 15 was a challenge to the message board. Well, I now have "only" 17. :yesss:

I also expected 5 replacement eggs from my last batch I had purchased but got a dozen, so I'll be cramming my two incubators full and waiting to candle to check for fertility. For anyone on hatch watch, there are 11 solid white polish, 5 chocolate/cuckoo orpingtons, 3 isbars, and 4 jill rees cream legbars. This is two more than my Maxi and Mini will hold. I bought the mini on sale this past weekend from Brinsea to use for small runs and/or to be used as a rescue unit.

You just gotta laugh when you're driving down the highway with 3 kids, 2 birds and a dozen hatching eggs on the way to pick up your new incubator from the FedEx store. :lau

OMG so jealous of the orps and creole. When the new main coop is built I'm gonna be in the market for those and others!!!

@livhatcher Sounds like an awesome car ride to me.

Hubby has the t-posts sunk and leveled. We are waiting in Amazon to deliver the hardware cloth. Even with prime, we have to wait until the 8th. I can't wait until the gals get in their new run. We will have enough to lay a perimeter in the ground and cover the top. Pesky hawks, raccoons, foxes and a random coyote every now and then.

I should have plenty of room to expand the flock next year :) May have to borrow someone's rooster for a little extra duty :lau

Borrow??! I feel certain you are welcome to any number of roosters!!

I'm certain that some of us will give you a rooster............

Haha!! You think?!

Ok so thought I'd let y'all know I have another coop project going on...lol yes another!! All I'm gonna say is look at the before pics....oh my!
I've seen that location before on The Walking Dead, right? You even have graffiti! :lol: The travel trailer looks to be in pretty good shape on the inside for a coop, and for the run, it looks like the chickens may have a tire swing in their future! I don't envy you for the work ahead of you in tearing down that rotted roofing and wood, but you also have some good stuff there. I know with your creativity that you'll make something awesome out of it all.
OMG so jealous of the orps and creole. When the new main coop is built I'm gonna be in the market for those and others!!!
I'm out of available Crele Orpingtons right now, but we hope to be have more in the future and possibly some Jubilee Orpingtons as well. As soon as we do, I'll let you know, and we'll give you a pair as a coop-warming gift.

Im looking for golden appenzeller spitzhauben...if anyone know anyone that breeds them let me know please thanks

Back
Top Bottom