YO GEORGIANS! :)

all this silkie talk is making me want one!!

thankful for a couple of dry, sunny days here. planning on weighing and doing some candling with cocktails tonight. I swear, if someone had told me 20 years ago that a good night would be playing with chicken eggs, I'd never have believed them!!
D.gif

D.gif

D.gif

D.gif

D.gif

D.gif

all this silkie talk is making me want one!!

thankful for a couple of dry, sunny days here. planning on weighing and doing some candling with cocktails tonight. I swear, if someone had told me 20 years ago that a good night would be playing with chicken eggs, I'd never have believed them!!
D.gif

D.gif

D.gif

D.gif

D.gif

D.gif
Cocktails and candles? That sounds like a fire hazard.:rolleyes:

Flower and Lady Who ... The non-rir is one of the chicks from eggs y'all donated for a school hatch. Any ideas on mix and gender? I know my guesses but you know your birds.

I been gone a while now, but I'm hoping some folks wouldn't mind giving some advice. I took in 10 hens from my friends' dad. He's dealing with chemo and was unable to care for them as a result, too much for them and he cannot be around all the dust, etc. Leghorns, Orpingtons and 3 small Easter Eggers. And when I say small I mean teeny tiny, 2lbs or less.
My question is what to do if I suspect they're Bantam EEs? Which I totally do.

Y'all know Stanley is at least 9.5 pounds, and James is about 7-8ish. Stanley is still a rough rider so I'm worried he'd crush those tiny little things if he tries to go for it. he has 10 ladies of his own and I'm still having to use hen saddles, even with trimmed(ish) spurs. Definitely not a dinner & a movie kind of guy.

Is it normal practice to keep bantams and standard/larger sizes separate? Or is it something I just need to keep an eye on for a while?
Thanks in advance! :D

I been gone a while now, but I'm hoping some folks wouldn't mind giving some advice. I took in 10 hens from my friends' dad. He's dealing with chemo and was unable to care for them as a result, too much for them and he cannot be around all the dust, etc. Leghorns, Orpingtons and 3 small Easter Eggers. And when I say small I mean teeny tiny, 2lbs or less.
My question is what to do if I suspect they're Bantam EEs? Which I totally do.

Y'all know Stanley is at least 9.5 pounds, and James is about 7-8ish. Stanley is still a rough rider so I'm worried he'd crush those tiny little things if he tries to go for it. he has 10 ladies of his own and I'm still having to use hen saddles, even with trimmed(ish) spurs. Definitely not a dinner & a movie kind of guy.

Is it normal practice to keep bantams and standard/larger sizes separate? Or is it something I just need to keep an eye on for a while?
Thanks in advance! :D

Hey there stranger we missed you. I keep my bantams and LF together as long as the hen/roo ratio is good you have no problems. If you need a home I love Bantys

Hey folks, I've been looking for a galvanized panel gate (old or new), and I'm having trouble locating one. I need a 4' and a 6' gate. If I could find the panels or a longer old gate, that would be fine since I could easily build the gates I need. I have a 16' galvanized panel gate on my property, but it is in use. Does anyone know where I can locate the gates or the panels? Behlen Country manufactures the panel gates, but there is no dealer near me. I think there's one in Blairsville (Nelson Ace Hardware). Home Depot supposedly carries the gates, but not in my area, and they don't ship that item to the store. Any help would be appreciated. Here's an example of what a galvanized panel gate looks like:
upload_2017-6-9_18-24-6.png

Back
Top Bottom