YO GEORGIANS! :)

Now hold your horses Miss Thang... I stayed clear of that easterbunny chicken vs americana chicken discussion. Mostly because I fear Flower will send her alien friends to probe me if I disagree with her. And somely because I don't care enough about them to debate in the first place. Brahmas are my chickens of choice. So :p

photo 1 (64).JPG

Sorry, the chocolate runner duck's head is cut off in this photo, but you can see it's body in top left.

I try to stay out of that conversation.

I have M's hatched so thank you Tabasco Jack and I have JG, tiny hens, green, olive to be exact, brown and white eggs hatched, several NN's !!!! One more egg to hatch and the duck eggs have pipped, so how long for the ducks?, Had to help a tiny NN it was stuck but doing fine, one M didn't make it out, Do you help ducks? How long after pip should they hatch?
Well this newbie may have egg on his face! I put my initials on the eggs that I donated to the swap and I am not a Jersey Giant! Live and learn! There were a variety of pure and mixes from Sand Hill stock in the dozen I brought. Sorry for any confusion but you should get some new genetics.

I try to stay out of that conversation.

I have M's hatched so thank you Tabasco Jack and I have JG, tiny hens, green, olive to be exact, brown and white eggs hatched, several NN's !!!! One more egg to hatch and the duck eggs have pipped, so how long for the ducks?, Had to help a tiny NN it was stuck but doing fine, one M didn't make it out, Do you help ducks? How long after pip should they hatch?
Also, Thanks for the chicks pics. The are fun to look at.

Well, yesterday ended with four hard re-boots of the incubator (I'm sorry, the June hatch-along is not very social, so you're stuck with me) and FINALLY getting a tech on the phone to tell me how to recalibrate the machine. To be honest, they'd have saved themselves a lot of "mean Liv" if they had just printed this information in the manual to start with.

I lost another 3 eggs last night, so this "boutique" aka tiny hatch is down to 14 eggs from 23. Thinking of the hatch analysis I usually do and I'm just frustrated that I can't make assumptions about eggs as much as usual because of the stupid low temp issue. BUT, I have a few guesses.

At this point, I have 8 White Polish, 2 Chocolate/Cuckoo Orps, 2 Isbars (did an eggtopsy--nobody tell my 3 year old we lost a tiny black chick!) & 2 CCLs. I'm mainly bummed because I wanted more Orps to make it. :hit

Back
Top Bottom