YO GEORGIANS! :)

I am looking to buy some female Cayugas or if anyone is giving any female Cayugas away for free that would be great to.We have looked everywhere for Cayuga ducks we need one for my male duck his name is lucky.he got his name by my neighbor sadly had a raccoon get into his duck pen and killed all the ducks except one which is how i got lucky.We dont know how he survived,but are lucky to have are lucky duck.we had to separate him from are chickens as he got bigger,but now he doesn't have any friends.Ifanybody knows where i can get some Cayugas or you are personally selling them let me know.We live in waverly hall,ga we would like to drive no more then a hour.

Met with @Tabasco Jack today and learned how to harvest and dress quail like a pro from a pro! I'm not going to say that killing each quail was actually fun, but it wasn't tough at all, and skinning and prepping them was a breeze. Jack has an excellent method, and I appreciate that he passed his knowledge on to me and Lisa (However, she just watched.).

Met with @Tabasco Jack today and learned how to harvest and dress quail like a pro from a pro! I'm not going to say that killing each quail was actually fun, but it wasn't tough at all, and skinning and prepping them was a breeze. Jack has an excellent method, and I appreciate that he passed his knowledge on to me and Lisa (However, she just watched.).
2nd shift was pretty good, too. Always enjoyable spending time with Jack.

2nd shift was pretty good, too. Always enjoyable spending time with Jack.

Thank you all for the help. We did 49 quail all total. I forgot that one got served up to a coon last week. That's how I found out that the fence charger got hit by lightening.
Anyway, they averaged out at 5.2 ounces each. Thinking I'ma gonna smoke some for the 4th. Firecracker Quail??

Thank you all for the help. We did 49 quail all total. I forgot that one got served up to a coon last week. That's how I found out that the fence charger got hit by lightening.
Anyway, they averaged out at 5.2 ounces each. Thinking I'ma gonna smoke some for the 4th. Firecracker Quail??
I'm gonna smoke mine as well, but first I'll stuff them with a Cajun stuffing (anduoille sausage, chicken liver, onion, celery, bell pepper, butter, cornbread, cayenne, and parsley) and tie each one tight with butcher's twine. Then I'll hit them with some homemade Cajun rub, pop them into the smoker, and cook them low and slow on apple wood chips. I'll serve them with dirty rice, collards, and cornbread. The chicken projects can wait!...lol I already had a few slabs of ribs I was going to smoke, so these will be a nice addition to the smoker. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom