YO GEORGIANS! :)

Good morning you all it has been a long time , life got crazy . I have added to the flock ( no surprise to any of you I am sure ) I am up to 35 birds , just bought 8 more . And three ducks the grandkids received these for easter last year , I end up with them . I just set up a bee hive , bees are on order any input is welcome on this subject. I will be keeping up with the fourm now that things have settled .

I put 17 duck eggs and 26 chicken eggs in the incubator. We'll see what hatches. :-D
Do you have much experience with ducks one of my boys has a bad leg my bulldog sat on him and made things worse . I had been feeding him brewers yeast it seemed to help until Lucy made things worse . Poor guy had no control over the leg he drags it and with all the rain it is muddy .

Do you have much experience with ducks one of my boys has a bad leg my bulldog sat on him and made things worse . I had been feeding him brewers yeast it seemed to help until Lucy made things worse . Poor guy had no control over the leg he drags it and with all the rain it is muddy .
There's such thing as a slipped tendon. No fix for that one. But if it's just a sore leg, it takes time. I use a mix of selenium, vitamin e, and electrolytes with leg problems.

I looked at them too today. They only had barred rocks, asians, and some other kind I don't remember: yellow with a few tiny black spots. They sure are cute. But I resisted and didn't buy any.

OMG, the ducks are the ones that pull at me! LOL They are so cute, but I only have a small lot in the city. When I'm over at my farm regular and can have animals over there ducks are definitely in the works! :)

If he's got use of the muscle up above and the leg is just dragging, you think a splint would help? It would probably aggravate him at first, but it might give whatever's ailing him a chance to heal up.

OMG, the ducks are the ones that pull at me! LOL They are so cute, but I only have a small lot in the city. When I'm over at my farm regular and can have animals over there ducks are definitely in the works! :)

I just ordered 3 white crested females and 1 blue female Runner Duck to go with my flock.. They will be coming in June! Also 15 chicks....some Dark Brahmas, too! I will be selling off some of the brahmas. Not to mention the 13 Runner Ducks I have set to hatch on Wednesday along with tons of chicks! I LOVE THIS TIME OF YEAR!!!
IMG_7967.JPG
IMG_7968.JPG
IMG_8414.JPG

And, here are my Polish Babies! And one Silver Laced Wyandotte. Luckily the guy I got them from wants any males back! Yay!

OK, question. I have my hatching eggs for sale on facebook. So, lately I have been getting request for 2 eggs. Not 2 dozen, just 2 eggs. One guy was williing to drive the 120 miles (round trip) for 2 eggs!!! I asked him why and he said his son had a school project. Didn't ask him about it, but would any of you know what that's all about?
IMG_6978.JPG

BTW, I do sell hatching eggs! $10 a dozen. Fairly cheap considering I have frizzles, and some purebred Legbars in there, too. My chicks are unique and most will lay colored eggs! Contact me if you are interested! I always give extras!

Well, also I am thinking there are a lot of people out there that don't have a clue about hatching eggs. One lady wanted 2 chicken eggs and 1 duck egg. And said, "She had a heat lamp and isn't that enough?" I told her she had to have an incubator and she still didn't understand. Oh well!

Back
Top Bottom